cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPB1 Unexpected Shutdown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I create a new SAPB1 database in Version 8.81 Patch 08 and create few User Defined Field in Marketing Document Title level.

After the construction I am doing internal testing and realize that when i click Cancel button at AR Invoice screen, a dump file will throw and whole SAPB1 will shut down. If i remove all User Defined fields in Marketing Document or I disable the View > User Defined Field, this unexpected shutdown will not happen.

I never experienced this kind of problem in previous constructions, can anyone advise me where to check?

Thanks.

Regards,

Lay Chin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lay Chin,

The new PL release may be subject to more bugs than old one. You may use your work around to avoid the shutdown until the future PL fixing the bug.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lay Chin,

Check whether your issue is same as mentioned in the below SAP Note

1612315 - Application shuts down when adding new object with UDF of General type and Link structure

Symptom

You use User-Defined Fields (UDF) in your company database. You set default value for UDF.

Application shuts down when trying to add object with default value in the UDF.

Example:

Add new UDF to Item Master Data as Alphanumeric, Text

Set defaultvalue fro the above described UDF

Application is closed in case you try to add Stock Posting.

This is relevant for 8.81 version patch 5 and above until fix is delivered.

Cause

Application error

Solution

SAP intends to provide a patch or patches in order to solve the problem described.

The section Reference to Related Notes below will list the specific patches once they become available.

The corresponding Info file of the patches in SAP Service Marketplace will also show the SAP Note number.

Be aware that these references can only be set at patch release date.

SAP will deliver patches only for selected releases at its own discretion, based on the business impact and the complexity of the implementation.

Other terms

Exit, DMP, Crash, General, Link, Marketing Document

Regards,

Sundar