cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident Management in PLM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

Does anyone have any experience in configuring Incident Management on the PLM 7.1? Is there a standard configuration guide?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning

It is more of an question back to the experts on EHSM 1.0

Just wondering why do I get a error " Mandatory Type" required on the Create Location screen

I have configured the Location Types in the system

Another question, on the workflows, Is it the Processess section precofnigured

Since this is fairly new product, need help or we can brainstorm the objects

thank you

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if you got this resolved.. I dont see a configuration guide for Incident Management and I started going throgh the configuration myslef. I came across this issues and the fix is to set up the number range for location business object. The configuration is under the Incident Management and General settings.

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pugazh,

I am too working with EHSM 2.0 and have the settings in SPRO. How to work in the front end as i find no menus for them. Is there something to be mapped with netweaver or any function module to be activated to see the menus in front end or since it is a portal based, how do i work. I am new to ehsm 2.0. I have never seen any screens in EHSM 2.0(front end).

Please help.

Rgds

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irene,

As Christopher mentioned there are now two Incident Management solutions. Incident Management "Classic" which is part of the ECC6 core and the new Component Extension 2.0 for EHS Management (EHSM).

If you have the new EHSM solution, there is detailed configuration material available on the Service Marketplace and in Solution Manager. I am currently implementing the new EHSM Incident Management for the first time after implementing the Classic solution for the last 7 years and rely on the documentation extensively.

Unfortunately, detailed configuration documentation for the u201CClassicu201D solution can be hard to find but it can be pieced together from several resources.

Please clarify which solution you intend to implement.

Regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher, Scott,

Thanks both for your answers, I want to implement the Incident Management under Component Extension 1.0 for EHSM. I have downloaded the docs from SAP marketplace, but am still missing a Configuration guide, with the basic activities to configure the module. Scott, if you have that document, could you please share it with me?

Thanks a lot!

Irene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irene,

The emailing of documents is against the forum "rules of engagement" but I have included a link to the guide for displaying Solution Manager content specific to CE 2.0 for EHSM.

Also, don't underestimate the online help. It has been very well written for the new functionality. I have no developer experience but was able to use the documentation to teach myself to append the business object tables and add a new fields to the Web Dynpro screens in SE80.

http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/solutionmanager/DISPLAYSOLMANCONTENT.pdf

Regards,

Scott

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Irene

I am not sure what you would you are searching for. The new Incident management of SAP EH&S is descibed here:

http://help.sap.com/ehs-comp10

It is an add on on top of ECC 6.0 Enhp5 and to my knowledge require an additional license fee.

Clearly: you will find installation guidelines etc. in SAP marketplace

which Incident Managment do you would like to use ? Old or new one?

The old one is described e.g. here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/8a/3b6e361b2fac0be10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Chapter: Incident/Accident Management (EHS-IHS-IA)

I have not checked SAP marketplace,. A good check is to take a look at the "best practise" approach. Please check this FORUM; you will find links to the "best practise" approach. I assume that there could be something regarding the old incident management

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Nov 9, 2011 8:19 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Nov 9, 2011 8:19 PM