Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Intelligence: Business Objects has stopped working in Windows Vista

kalyanswarna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed the BO XI 3.1 SP3 client components in Windows Vista Machine. When I was working with Desktop Intelligence, the program keep terminates irregularly. A pop-up window would appear saying "Business Objects has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." It asks me to close the program. The window always pops up even when I just terminate the BOE normally. It sometimes pops up when I was just trying to refresh the data or in the middle of working with the application.

THanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the supported platforms document indicates Vista SP2 as the only supported platform for this operating system, can you please check and rectify if necessary.

Please have also a try running in compatibility mode the Desktop Intelligence application, if this doesn't fix the problem please consider opening a support message.

Thanks and regards

SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert

I have install the BO XI into my laptop with 32-bit OS and Windows Vista Enterprise SP 2 but still experience the same error message "Business Objects has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program".

Please help as my daily task require to use BO very often.

Thank you very much

br

Elwin

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Coupld you please confirm your version of Deski Client ?

BO XI is not supposed to work on Vista...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The desktop intelligent version installed was 12.1.0.882. Some of my colleague install in their laptop and is working fine.

Thank you very much

Br

Elwin

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this version is RTM release of XI3.1, I would suggest to install Sp3 version of client tools instead.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kalyanswarna
Participant
0 Kudos

Not helpful

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You haven't replied to Simone's question - is your Vista version Sp2 ?

Have you tried openning a Support Incident ?

This issue will require detailed environment and workflow review as well as collecting logs etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis

I have  same problem with desktop intellligence (Business object has stopped working).

we are using 3.1 xi. and our server details as follws. please advicese me..

when I try to export or import it will freeze and showing that error message.

and 64 bit operating sustem

windows Server 2008 R2 standard, service pack 1.