Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports - Failed to retrieve data from the database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I'm hoping that somebody can help me.

I've developed a crystal report from a stored procedure which I wrote. I can execute the stored procedure within SQL Server and within the Crystal Reports designer without any errors. Furthermore, I have imported the report into sap and can run it within SAP from the server without any errors. SAP version 8.81 PL5

The issue is that when it's run from a client machine, I get the following error: "Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: Database Vendor Code: 156. Error in the File RCR10010 {tempfile location}

Here's a list of things which I have tried, all to no avail:

- Checked user permissions to ensure that they have proper authorizations

- Re-set the datasource connection and re-imported the report to SAP.

- Exported the report and reviewed the datasource connection and re-imported to SAP.

- Tried to run the report on multiple machines to ensure that it's not machine specific

- Tried to run the report using different users to ensure it's not user specific.

- Tested other reports built from stored procedures on client machines to ensure that they work.

Any assistance in this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After further testing, we found that the report could be run within SAP on any work station which had the CR designer installed on it.

As it turns out, the procedure which I wrote has temp tables in it. The runtimes built into the SAP client install do not support creating temp tables when executing the report from within SAP. Which is why the report could not retreive data.

To work around this, I installed external runtimes which were the same version of the Crystal Report and now the report can be run within SAP from any workstation which has the external runtimes (and not just the runtimes within the SAP client).

I hope this makes sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Twlight Brown ,

I face the same issue with you,

My report is running well in server

the server os is windows server 2003 , SQL server 2008, SAP Business One 8.81 PL4

But the problem is on the client work station, some clients only install pure SAP Business one client and using the windows 7.

I just want to make sure what version of crystal report that you install in client workstation. and where can i download it.

Is it a kind of Crystal report runtime.

Please provide me the link that i can download.

Thanks in advance

Regards

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set the datasource connection and I'm still getting the same issue.

Keep in mind that this report runs in SAP quite well - but only from the server. It does not run from client machines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Only this particular report is not running on Client machine or this is the case with other reports also ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also face the same problem in PL4 .

Has this issue been solved ?

Regards

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I'm also face the problem like you. It can be coz of configuration. I solved this problem by Set Datasource Location in crystal. After setting datasource location, the report can work well in sap. (Database>Set Datasource Location)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies...

Yes, the sp can run in SQL.

Yes, the report can run in SAP when running it from the server under any user.

No, the report can NOT run on ANY client machines regardless of SAP user.

Any other ideas?

former_member206488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems related to SQL syntaxx error in your stored procedure.

try to execute stored procedure in SQL .

Thanks,

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.......

Such Error comes when CR failed to read any of field taken in Query or Stored Procedure.

Please check all the fields are present into the database you are running this SP into which you have taken in your SP........

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Login with the user id in SAP and try to execute the SP i query manager.

Did the report is running on other client machine's.

Did the report is running, if you login as a manager

former_member541807
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

try to view this forum this maybe helpful for you - [Click here|http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1257]

regards,

Fidel