cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic field selection by variable input in bex report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frineds,

I have created variable on characteristic ( 0CURTYPE ) which mainly have two values 'A' and ' B' .Based on my variable input in Bex I have to dynamical select key figuers Example .

0CURTYPE KeyfigA KeyFigB

A 123 Rs 144 $

B 124 Rs 145 $

In above example is user select A I have to display KeyfigA if I select B then i should display Keyfig B in Bex report .

I know that by using user exit in report we can do but I would like to try with out Exit .

Thanks ,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, hide both keyfigure A and B.Then, to handle "if then" part, create a formula with Boolean Operator: (0Curtype=A)(Keyfigure A)+ Not (0Curtype=A)(KeyFigureB). This says if the user selects A, then formula= KeyFigureA.If the user does not select A(in other words if he selects B), then formula=KeyFigureB.

For more information about Boolean Operators:

Let me know about your problem,

Regards,

Sunny

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right, using a CKF you can achieve what you want and you can also change the description of the Key Figure based on variable input using Text Variable.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Sunny for the wonderful response but sorry for delay in reply .One more question for you how do in get characteristic ( 0currtyp ) in Formula or CKF. I believe we can get it in RKF but with out specifying any KeyFiguar field we can not get . I mean characteristic and Key figure combination.

Thanks,

Kumar.

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Kumar.You are right.I have to add one more thing:

You must create a formula variable to solve this problem.Create a formula variable and reference to 0curtype.Then If the user inputs A for 0curtype, your formula variable will be A, too.Then you can use your formula variable in your formula.Check this out.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw21c/helpdata/en/f1/0a56dbe09411d2acb90000e829fbfe/content.htm

Oops.You can not input letters in a formula.Instead of A and B, if you could have 1 and 0(needs user exit unfortunately), then this solution would work.But it fails for your case.

Edited by: sunnybt on Nov 14, 2011 8:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sunny Thank you I am in final stage Now . I have created formula variable by refering in Personalization tab on ( 0curtyp)

Variable which I got it .But hear my problem is while executing report it is asking for imputing one for 0curtyp second one for formula variable . My requirement is i have give only one input that will 'A" or 'B' and one more problem i am facing is as you said in above mail i can not input characters like 'A'. But if we can transfer the input that is given by 0curtyp my problem will be solved .

Thanks,

Kumar.

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your formula variable allowed to be of type either number or amount or date or quantity which are all numeric(currency type/type tab) .But your reference characteristics is a letter.So there is an inconsistency here and you can not make equal your formula variable and 0currtype's variable.

Have a look at Akshata's post in this thread :

Therefore this model does not work and I can not see any other way apart from a very simple user exit which says if 0currype=A, then formula variable=0 else if 0currtype=B then formula variable=1.After that you can use your formula variable in your formula since the letters are now converted to numbers.

By the way it mustn't ask two things in the selection screen.Since your formula variable takes the values of 0currtype's variable automatically.Did you create the formula variable with replacement path(general tab) referencing to 0currtype?Just create a formula, enter this formula,right click create formula variable,go to general tab then replacement path then reference to 0currtype.But as I told, you nevertheless can not achieve it, just explaining it.

Regards,

Sunny