cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro application - save data and attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know what is the best recommended practice / best apps methodology for the following scenario :

A Custom web form with options to enter data, add attachments and submit. On submission , the workflow gets triggered, followed by approvals and finally data update into the relevant transaction.

My query :

- > For saving the form data and attachments , the options which I am aware are : tables, case management, into the transaction using GOS.

Any more to add to this list would be really good.

In such scenario , what are the best possible way to be used ?

Would be good to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks alot

Saujanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, data can be stored In the Workflow container, right?

I think it make the most sense.

Upon validation, one can transfer the attachments in the GOS (if available).

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for your reply.

Yes i do agree, data can be stored in workflow container . But how about form data and attachments in that scenario , because only after validation, the form gets submitted and the workflow gets triggered.

form data gets stored in the container, but how about attachments ? Attachments also in the workflow container u mean ?

Please let me know your thoughts in this regard

Best Regards

Saujanya

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yep. Check the parameter &_ATTACH_OBJECTS&

There are certainly ways to use DMS, and so on... to store attachment but why not use the dedicated tool available.

In case you need to do it programmatically, you can use FM SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD.

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes agreed, there are certain ways to do it using DMS way.

I am looking for those ways other than tables which are efficient enough to cater to this requirement.

Thanks for updating the thread : so to summarize

1. Workflow container

2. Case mgmt

3. GOS....

Waiting for some responses .. to add to this list.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Best Regards

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please update the thread with your ideas / reviews on the topic .

Appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks

Saujanya

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for attachments you can use Business Document Service. There are BAPis avaiable to create and read documents.

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we wanted approval with attachments, we went with workflow and document management system. DMS is built to handle documents. And as a benefit you can set up security around it.

It is a lot of work, and I don't know how secure your data needs to be. You can store it in the workflow container... But recovering after errors would be hard. You can easily trigger workflow with a function module used in your Webdynpro.

You may want to move this to the workflow forum. You'll get different answers, probably.

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the update.

Good to know the different ways to do it.

Not sure if this fits in workflow forum too. as the question is primarily around the data handling and storage of attachments and documents.

Hence I close this thread in this forum, And created the thread in 'Workflow forum ' to get to know the response.

New Thread :

Please update your thoughts in the new thread. Appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks alot.

Best Regards

Saujanya

Edited by: Saujanya on Nov 17, 2011 12:20 PM

Answers (0)