cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of CSA* Queues in CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Guys,

Can anyone help me understand why we use CSA* queus in CRM?

I am So confused everytime i check the Queues.

I want to understand, Why use them in CRM and Why not in R3? Data is also coming from R3 --> CRM but we dont have CSA queues in R3. How does it matter or CRM.

Thanks a lot! hope to hear nice replies.

BR,

Marry.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marry,

Inbound CSA* on the CRM act as a reminder for data distribution to other systems.

A CSA* queue is generated each time a change is made to a business partner or order in CRM Online - and this is the case whether CRM is standalone or connected to R/3 backend or mobile scenario. Its a CSA* queue that results in the formation of an outbound R3AU* queue for actual posting of data to R/3 system. So the flow is like this :

Scenario 1 : WHen a change is made in CRM.

Make a change in BP/Order/other data -> Inbound CSA* created-> Check if data needs to be distributed to other systems including mobile sites and/or ECC or BW etc -> Form outbound R3AU* or CRM_SITE* queues

Scenario 2: When a change is made in ECC.

Edit a BP in ECC -> Data is saved in CRM via R3AD_BUPA* inbound queue -> Form an inbound CSA* queue -> CHeck if this data needs to be sent to Mobile sites and/or other external connected systems-> Form outbound CRM_SITE* or other queues

CSA* can not be stopped from occurring as they are integral to the CRM system. Even on a stand alone CRM system CSA* queues are created(unless you switch the BDocs off via transaction SMW3_00) and they are important when data needs to be identified if it is to be distributed to other systems.

Hope that helps.

BR,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Rohit,

Thanks for the explanation..

Does SAP have a reason why we have CSA Queues? We have information coming in to CRM from ECC. And ECC does not have CSA Queues. How is it possible for ECC to send the info to CRM without CSA?

Lookforword to hear from you.

BR,

Marry.

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marry,

Data from ECC to CRM flows in the form of R3AD* queues and not CSA*.

CSA* queues are only meant for CRM and are used by middleware to distribute data to external systems. They're not your regular R3A* queues. You can say CSA* queues are intrinsically used by middleware for computation purpose and results in Outbound queues to other systems if the same data coming from ECC and saved in CRM needs to be distributed further.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Rohit,

Thanks for the explanation.

Data from ECC to CRM flows in the form of R3AD* queues and not CSA*. Thatu2019s true.

Iu2019m only trying to understand why. Why CRM Require CSA..and why does not ECC require a CSA.

I must say, I reveiwed lot of online information available.. but none has been of my help..

BR,

Marry.

Edited by: marrysap on Nov 16, 2011 11:18 AM

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marry,

I hope my email clarifies the usage of CSA*..

Reg,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the Reply Rohit!

infoirmation on mail..

1. CRM Middleware is based on qRFC(queued RFC) framework. So whenever we talk about data storage/distribution in CRM we need to have it in the form of queues(here CSA* queues) even though if they might be for representational purposes only. An incoming MBDoc in CRM can trigger an Outbound MBDoc or SBDoc(in case of a Mobile scenario). So this computation is carried out by the processing of CSA* queues. As I had replied earlier, CSA* are in a way dummy queues and are just a reminder for data distribution later. CSA* also utilizes the asynchronous functionality of qRFC. If you have a CSA* inbound queue, the work process can also process it after a gap of time and not necessarily synchronously when the DB SAVE happens.

ECC understands only BAPI Structures and not MBDocs. There is also a data distribution model in ECC but it doesnu2019t require CSA* for that. So when you talk about CRM and MBDocs be assured to find CSA* queues, even for a standalone CRM system.