cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install via ClickOnce: Process exited with code 1603

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the following error when trying to setup crystal reports:

Component SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0 has failed to install with the following error message: "Fatal error during installation. " The following components failed to install: - SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0 See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\KeithH\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD3FF4.tmp\install.log' for more information.

The above mentioned log:

Right-click [this link|www.bodmas.co.uk/images/install.log] and choose "Save Link As..." to save the document to your computer

Can anybody offer advise please?

Thanks

Keith

Edited by: K_D_Harrison on Nov 16, 2011 2:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabh_pathak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a windows app with CR?

Are you deploying the application or installing the runtimes?

OS name, x86 or x64?

For deployment, go through following:

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is it a windows app with CR?

YES - .Net 4 Winforms

Are you deploying the application or installing the runtimes?

Deploying using Clickonce (http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_clickonce_13_0_1.zip)

OS name, x86 or x64?

Win7 Ultimate x86.

Thanks Keith

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The last thing in the install log file is:

Process exited with code 1603 Status of package 'SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0' after install is 'InstallFailed'

I wonder if the following MS KB will help:

[You receive an "error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation" error message when you try to install a Windows Installer package|http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484]

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your help. I did google the error but didnt come up with anything obvious at first which is why I posted here.

Ive since found that my 'Program Files' folder doesnt have all the correct permissions for some strange reason, I will try on another PC and see if I get same issue.

Thanks again for everybodys help.

Regards,

Keith

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

Just an FYI for that mouse event thinggy we worked on a while back. Lots of water under that bridge I know ....

Fix should be in SP 2. ETA., this month. But I'm a bit jilted from previous promises, so "we'll see, said the blind man".

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah nice one, I'll keep an eye out for the release then

Thanks for letting me know Ludek

Keith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if below threads help.

[|]

[|]

[|]

[|]

Also try deploying the applicatin using the [Crystal Reports for VS 2010 .MSI 32 bit|http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_1.zip], see if it reproduces the issue.

Thanks,

Bhushan.

Edited by: Bhushan Hyalij on Nov 16, 2011 3:55 PM