Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding roles which has many tcodes in the same role using SUIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

If I want to find a role for a t-code will get through SUIM. But now I have a multiple t-codes(eg,100 t-codes) want to find out the exact role in which all the t-codes are there.

Is there any way,please let me know. Thank you

Dina

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 17, 2011 8:45 PM

Subject title made more meaningful...

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct - use SUIM. Under "Roles", "By Transaction Assignment". This will give you a screen with only a few dialog boxes, but if you click on the square button to the side of the top dialog box, this will give you a multiple selection option.

You can then add in the t-code names that you require; however, I'm not sure if you will find this as useful as analysing the roles one at a time.

0 Kudos

transaction assignment does not give the exact role for the all the t-codes, it given the combination af all the t-codes(i mean, if there are 10 t-codes, it does not give the exact role in which these 10 t-codes are. it gives the combination of all the roles which are having these t-codes.)

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such option in SAP to provide you list of all roles for all 100 t-codes discretely. You are right SUIM's output will be a combination for all 100 t-codes.

The Best way i would suggest is to download table AGR_1251 for S_TCODE auth object only and then create a lookup query in excel or MS access to provide you all roles containing a specific t-codes...likewise for all 100 t-codes.

Thanks Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

For 100 tcodes in a menu of 1 role you can easily work by elimination:

--> take the most exotic transaction and run it to find the roles.

--> add the role list to the role name select options of the report (this is the trick!) and run it for the next most exotic transaction in a different module unrelated to the first tcode.

--> somewhere around here you should reach a system message stating "No roles found which meet the selection criteria".

--> If you are still going strong here with a long list of functionally differentiated roles then there is a problem.

--> 5th time lucky?

--> Proceed to jail for 2 rounds and do not collect $200 at the start...

--> etc

Same goes for the Users by Complex selection criteria when you have a 4th object to check with an AND operator. Choose the most exotic one first and add the result to the select options for the user name.

Cheers,

Julius

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to look in role menu then maximum can give 5 transaction using AND function and if you are looking in S_TCODE then 3 times the object and 2 times each AND operator total 6 transaction at a time like Julius mentioned above. However 100 transaction at a time sounds a imaginary figure..

Edited : Trust the AND function might be costly. SUIM has millions of BUG still today and crazy AND was one of them once. Suggest cross check the data by other means.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Nov 18, 2011 2:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can also check table agr_tcodes which display role wise tcode, where in you can directly put those 100 tcodes and find out role related to it

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hetal

0 Kudos

@ Hetal - Have you tried your method? What did you get?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried this method to list out all tcodes of the roles. This table agr_tcodes consists of agr_name(Role_name) and Tcode.

Its easy to find out your role having tcodes and viceversa.

Thanks

Hetal