cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webforms - data handling and storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know what is the best recommended practice / best apps methodology for the following scenario :

A Custom web form with options to enter data, add attachments and submit. On submission , the workflow gets triggered, followed by approvals and finally data update into the relevant transaction.

My query :

- > For saving the form data and attachments , the options which I am aware are :

1 ) tables

2) case management, into the transaction using GOS.

3) DMS

4 ) Workflow container

5) Business document services

Any more to add to this list would be really good.

In such scenario , what are the best possible way to be used ?

Would be good to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks alot

Saujanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At least I have almost always used SAP tables instead of workflow container for any "form data". You want to separate the application, workflow and persistence layer from each other. If you use workflow container as a data storage, the separation is not clear (workflow is used as a data storage). Also, the data access to WF container has certain limitations, etc.

Maybe you can use case management, DMS or some other technique, if you a have a special need (storing attachments, or whatever).

If you want to add attachments to some transaction (=GOS), then of course use GOS as a final destination for the attachments (after the transaction/object has bee created).

Regards,

Karri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update.

Hence i close this question .

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In one of my projects we also had a similar kind of scenario the below was teh approach we tried and it worked.

1. Store all the relevant data fields Header and Item level data in the table and also maintained relation ship between these two tables.

2. Now when it comes to attachment first we created a unique guid for each attachment and the relevant document we tried to store in the DMS system. so when ever we require teh document then we use to rfer the GUID which was generated.

3.AS usual when he clicks on subit we tried to create a custom business class and rasied the event through SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT.

4. If attachment is required in the workflow then we use to refer in tables.

May be it might help you to start...... Have a great day

Regards

Pavan