Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink to launch webdynpro abap from workflow

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have developed WORKFLOW where we need to send HYPERLINK along with WORKITEM to the AGENTS.

When ever the user(AGENT) clicks on the HYPERLINK we need to launch our WEBDYNPRO ABAP APPLIOCATION.

Please guide me to achieve this scenario.

Thanks&regards,

Harsha P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The other way in handling this kind of scenario is try to create a task fromWF_EXTSRV trasnaction, and mention the path of teh applicaiton which you can get from SICF trasnaction /sap/bc/sap/webdynpro/<application name>. This task is an asynchronous task and by doing in this way when ever user tries to execute from SAP Inbox he will be redirected to Webdynpro applicaiton.

but make sure you have configured teh web handlers from WF_HANDCUST transaction.

Once the execution is completed rasie COMPLETED event of webservice BOR so that the task gets completed and workflow ends.

Regards

Pavan

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your quick reply's guys.

Hi pavan

Could you please elaborate the solution.SO that it would be very help full to us.

Thank you,

Harsha P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can construct the hyperlink URL with the following code (here work item ID is set as parameter as an example):

*Set parameters for the application

ls_parameters-name = 'WI_ID'.

ls_parameters-value = wi_id.

APPEND ls_parameters TO lt_parameters.

*Construct URL

CALL METHOD cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url

EXPORTING

application_name = 'NAME_OF_YOUR_APPLICATION'

in_parameters = lt_parameters

in_protocol = 'HTTPS'

IMPORTING

out_absolute_url = lv_url

out_protocol = lv_protocol.

Create the UWL with the above code (for example in a background step if you don't know any other way) and set it to a context element. Then you can use that element in your task description.

If your need is that the URL should be opened to a browser window when the work item is clicked, well then you should easily find some SAP standard function or method which you can do that. Just give the above URL as a parameter and the function will launch the browser.

Regards,

Karri

Edited by: Karri Kemppi on Nov 17, 2011 9:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need to launch a browser, you can try to do it with CALL_BROWSER function.

Regards,

Karri

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kemp,

I have implemented as per your suggestions.

I have generated the URL as WORKITEM ID input.But when i click the URL in the WORKFLOW CONTAINER It showing errors(Not launching the WEBDYNPRO ABAP application).

My requirement is to launch the webdynpro application form workflow container when ever i click on the HYPER LINK(Should be launch my WEBDYNPRO ABAP application) .

Thanks&regards

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

>It showing errors(Not launching the WEBDYNPRO ABAP application).

What errors? Is your URL really correct? What if you just manually enter a proper URL into the work item description, and then test it, does it work? URLs should work without problems. At least always when I have used them (for example http:
www.google.com) the browser has launched correctly). So my question is that is your URL proper?

>My requirement is to launch the webdynpro application form workflow container

What do you mean by container here? My idea is that you create the URL into a container element. Then you display this container element in the task description. This should work. Just make sure that your URL is correct. Test it first with some URL that works for sure.

Regards,

Karri

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kemp,

Thank you very much for your quick suggestions and solutions.

yaw kemp we have craeted the URL into a container element. Then we display this container element in the task description. This is working fine .

We are successfully creating the URL with the method which you have suggested us.

We tested the URL its working fine.

But in the task description we are not getting the workitem id.Instaed of workitem we are getting zeros.

https://SAPNWERD.blue.itu.ch/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zitu_staffrequest_app?WI_ID=00

Thanks&regards

harshap

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kemp,

When i paste the URL i have generated (using method) in the address bar of any browser my webdynpro application is launched.

But when i click that HYPERLINK(contains generated URL) in task description we are not able to launch WEBDYNPRO ABAP application.

Just displaying errors as follows.

Internet connectivity has been lost.

The website is temporarily unavailable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

Thanks&regards

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

>But in the task description we are not getting the workitem id.Instaed of workitem we are getting zeros.

Well, how do you populate the work item ID? Do you even need it? Which parameters does your application require?

If your application requires the current work item (the one that you see in the business workplace), things get a bit tricky. The work item is created at the same time when the description. Basically you should then only formulate the URL until the WI_ID part, and then "concatenate" the URL and WI_ID at the task description.

But anyhow, tell first that how/where/with which code you now create the URL.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

>But when i click that HYPERLINK(contains generated URL) in task description we are not able to launch WEBDYNPRO ABAP application.

Does any URL work? How about google? I want to know if the problem concerns all hyperlink or if it concerns only web dynpro application URL.

Regards,

Karri

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

yes my application requires the current work item (which one that I see in the business workplace)

Only my URL is not working others like Google,yahoo are working.

NOTE: My URL is not working when i click on the HYPERLIK in the task description only.But it is working

when i paste the URL in the address bar of any browser my webdynpro application is launched.

Thanks&regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, if you have for example google in the task description, it works? Only your WD application is not working? That is strange...

Is the WD appliation working, if you have the work item set properly? Or it never works?

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

>yes my application requires the current work item (which one that I see in the business workplace)

I hope you can solve this? Just formulate the URL by using two or more context elements. &URL&&WORKITEM& (the work item is available in the task container - I don't remember exactly what is the name of the element, but it is there).

Regards,

Karri

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kemp,

Even though i m passing the workitem id also my webdynpro abap application is not launching(When i click on the hyperlink in task description)

MY URL :https://sapnwerd.blue.itu.ch/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zitu_staffrequest_app?WI_ID=000000130004

Is there any settings should we need to do.

Thanks&regards,

Harsha

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you keep saying "kemp" when the sign-off is "Karri"?

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you have to check the below points as Karri has suggested you some good points, and still if you face some issues then

1. Make sure you have made the workitem ID as URL parameters.

2. You should be able to access the URL parameters from Default method of the Window.

3. Make sure the URL that you are generating is correct , by looking at URL I felt like some thing is missing, like if you have observed the url of any webdynpro applicaiotn it may be some thing like

https://<domain>.50000/sap/bc/webdynpro/. and this is purely my guess so make sure th URL you are populating is correct.

@Rick

Why do you keep saying "kemp" when the sign-off is "Karri"?

May be you should concentrate on suggesting some thing useful regarding thread issue, rather than how the others signature is or suggesting something how to call or address the other forum participants. Its just a suggestion....

Don't mind its just a friendly advise.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I understood, if Harsha copy&paste the URL from work item to browser, it works correctly? Because of some reason when the URL is clicked from work item, it is not working, or? Maybe some basis/network issue?

What comes to my name - I think that it is a bit impolite to repeatedly call me with a wrong name. I don't know why my name is so difficult to write - many people seem to write it wrong. If I were asking questions and getting help, I would pay attention to at least write the answerer's name correctly.

PS. Nothing against you Harsha. I have just wondered it for a long time that why people don't get my name right in this forum...

former_member393841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kemp,

Thank you very much for your replies,

We are passing the correct URL .But in backend it is taking the reference as different placing spaces and(%20%20).

Please click on the below link to show my error.

http://www.blogger.com/template-editor.g?blogID=8950912246524639615

Thanks&regards

Harsha

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavan,

Why don't you follow your own "advise"? (sic)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>But in backend it is taking the reference as different placing spaces and(%20%20).

What does this mean?

I am really confused with this whole thread and your answers. You should be able to easily identify what is the exact problem. Now I am confused about that.

Test your web dynpro application from SE80 (and give proper parameters to it) so that it will open some test case properly. Now you have a proper URL that must work. Now copy&paste this URL to a work item container (don't use the code to generate the URL or if you want to use it, then hardcode the URL for testing purpose). Then test it. Does it work? Can you open a web dynpro application from work item?

If you can, then the problem is in the code that generates the URL. Fix that.

If you cannot (but google or any other URL works from work item), then you have some sort of an Basis or network problem.

Regards,

Karri