Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinging web service - not happening

venkat_raman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I created a consumer proxy using WSDL local file and create a logical port in SOAMANAGER.

But, if I try to ping the web service from SOAMANAGER using the logical port that I created, I am getting the

following exception.

SRT Framework exception: Service Ping ERROR: Error when calling SOAP Runtime functions: SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Framework: ("ICF Error when receiving the response: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED")

Should I do any config change in SICF / Anything else?

Could you please help on this regard.

Thanks and regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

First u should check , whether from RFC destination the service is accessible or not.

To find RFC destination of the proxy generated : go to the logical port click on display click on "Additional Info" tab.

at last u will "HTTP Destination" , copy it and go to SM59 and search it .

It will be in Type 'G' Connection. Now click on "Connection Test".

If service is not accessible then there is some network issue like port is not open etc..

Thanks

Jitendra Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra and other experts,

I have the same problem and error. "Ping Web Service" ends with the same error. I tried to configure logical ports for consumer proxies for MDGF...

I can't find the "HTTP Destination", because I don't have/see the "Additional Info" tab in my SOAMANAGER. Here a screenshot, maybe the highlighted info is the one I should search for in sm59?

Unfortunately I'm not able to find any of those 2 strings in sm59, so I can't check whether the connection works (I just highlighted, that there are some other connections of type G for web service configuration, but not the ones for my logical ports):

Where can I find the "HTTP Destination" in my SOAMANAGER Logical port?

What does it mean, if I can't even find the HTTP Connection identifier in sm59? It wasn't created automatically? Why?

I have created the logical ports via File upload of the wsdl documents, not by entering the url of the wsdl document, because that wasn't working, I was getting the error:

SRT Framework exception: Error in WSDL access: Exception occurred in communication framework:Error in HTTP Framework:404Connection Failedhttp://host.local:8000/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/srvc_0050568B00191EE19B88E5A14E54717

when I enter the wsdl document url into my browser, I'm able to access and view it, but creating a logical port with this url, doesn't work. So I downloaded the file and created the port "Via File". Maybe this problem is related to the main problem of not being able to ping the web service?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Personally I won't bother with trying to locate an HTTP type destination to do a connection test on.

I had a very similary problem, it may even be identical. It turned out to be related to IP filtering (on the firewall against port 8000 for HTTP calls for example - a policy instituted by the security team). In other words you will need to check if the port/s you are trying to work with are open on both sides or are they open with restrictions.

Seek assistance from your Basis team. Thanks.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your answer. I talked to basis.

The basis team says, the used port 8000 is not blocked, internally it's fully open without restrictions. I'm accessing it internally.

Both links containing the port 8000 in the url (the one for the WSDL file which I'm entering and the link in the error message) work internally when I copy and paste them into the browser, I can view them.

But the soamanager or whatever connection it executes/accessed seems to have a hard time accessing this wsdl document via the http link.

Maybe does some special service need to be activated via SICF? But I think in IDES all services needed for soamanager are activated by default.

I'm also thinking about whether XI/PI could be playing a role in this web services configuration/communication, maybe not at all?

Do some kind of special RFC Connections with special types/configurations need to be added in SM59 for the MDGF web services to work correctly?

Any other ideas, what might be causing these errors?

Regards,

David

Message was edited by: David Gyurasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

you can test yourself by using the following command line: telnet <IP Address> <Port number>. If you are able to connect it's clearly an issue within the system, but not the network or a firewall. Once you made sure that the network works, you should switch on the trace and have a look into it. If you cannot connect you should go back to the basis team for help.

Regards - Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

There are several things that could be causing it especially if Basis says that the 8000 ports are open on both sides.

The fact that you can also access the WSDL via the browser and you can't do a ping from the logical port also indicates that there might be a block somewhere.

I would also suggest you try Oliver's suggestion of trying to telnet to the provider system from the consumer system (where you setup your logical port).

In my case, the consumer and the provider were both internal SAP systemsbut on different networks with a firewall in between the 2 networks. The IP filtering was applied on the firewall & initially I couldn't even access the WSDL via the browser even though the 8000 ports were fully open on both sides. The necessary IP addresses for my PC & necessary servers had to be manually added to the firewall "whitelist" before it started working.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor, Oliver,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

This might be an important additional info: I have the following scenario: Both the Consumer and Provider is the one and the same server/ERP system. Do you have some experience with such a scenario? Is it supposed to work too?

I logged onto this server (consumer + provider system) with which I'm working and which is calling the wsdl url, and tried to access the "url port" via a special SAP service which checks the availability: "http://sapn02:8000/sap/bc/ping" - this was successful.

(I can't use/try telnet because of some internal restrictions, but the above test might be good enough). There is a block somewhere, maybe a bug, or authentication problem, or something else, probably I will try to open an OSS.

Regards,

David

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I'm having same issue as you had and as it is described in this post.

If you recollect how did you resolve it?

1. Have you found "HTTP Destination" in web tool SOAMANAGER's Logical port ?

2. Have you located HTTP Connection identifier in SM59 ?

3. I'm also not able to generate logical ports via WSDL's URl only from file upload. But that's because previous 2 issues.

Thanks for your help!

m./

Message was edited by: Martin Maruskin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

sorry I can't help you. This was a long time ago, I haven't worked with MDG since then, I just wanted to try something out. I think I didn't manage to get it to work, I had no solution.

David

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

thanks for your reply. I resolved this mystery. Actually in my case (and I believe in your as well ) there was an proxy server configured in TA SICF as to be used for calls of WS. Once it is removed (TA SICF -> F8 -> menu Client -> Proxy settings -> deactivate checkbox "Proxy settings is active") I was able to ping and also to call my web service.

So to close this issue:

1. Have you found "HTTP Destination" in web tool SOAMANAGER's Logical port ?

There are only settings like "" and "" available in web tool SOAMANAGER's Logical port. So I guess this was meant by Jitendra in his post above.

2. Have you located HTTP Connection identifier in SM59 ?

No I still to not know what RFC is used once WS is called. But at the moment it doesn't bother me. Seems SAP is using one of generated RFC type of G (e.g. 0018FE7972821DEFB2FACA5D567A3362) which are created during WS elements generation.

3. I'm also not able to generate logical ports via WSDL's URL only from file upload.

This was solved once I removed proxy usage from TA SICF. Seems some of SOAMANAGER functionality uses calls where is checks settings done in TA SICF and some other calls are performed w/o checking it.

Thank all of you who replied in this thread!

m./

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am facing same problem ..

in soamanager logical system when i ping getting below message.

SRT Framework exception: Service Ping ERROR: Error when calling SOAP Runtime functions: SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Framework: ("SSL handshake with my306963.crm.ondemand.com:443 failed: SSSLERR_PEER_CERT_U

Please guide me what was done in SICF in ECC in details.. where did you removed the proxy usage TA.

Answers (0)