13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 7:53 AM by Prashanth Konduru RSS

Datasource question on ecc selection fields.

Daniel Ray
Currently Being Moderated

I have accidentally clicked on maintaince for 2lis_02_itm datasource in lbwe and it went to inactive mode.

1)How do I make it active without altering the fields in the selected ds. Do i have to replicate it back if I make it active again ?

2) If I add the selection criteria in the selection of fields so that those are available in IP selection, do i have to replicate the ds on BI. (in rsa6)

3) I need to add one more field from right to left and now its available in the extracture structure. To get that field to ecc, should i just replicate the ds. How about creating the infobject for that field and replicate or ?

4) there are lot of other flow to the pur flow, so will all those get deactivated when the structure of the ds changes. do i need to activate all the trans dtp etc.

• Re: Datasource question on ecc selection fields.
    Vijay Chandra.R

Hi,

No need of replicating your datasource, if you are not changing metadata of that datasource.

If you do chnages to extractstructure using LBWE or do changes to datasource using RSA6, then u need to relicate datasource in BW side.

Regards,

rvc

Daniel Ray

But its currently inactive, how to make it active. Obviously i need to remove the selection criteria in rsa6 so i have to replicate it rite. One more thing what if at all a field is having hide field checked, it wont be displayed in bi after replication ?

Prashanth Konduru

Hi Daniel,

1)How do I make it active without altering the fields in the selected ds. Do i have to replicate it back if I make it active again ?

Just click on activate the data source with out generating the data source ( if you had not enhanced any of the fields).

2) If I add the selection criteria in the selection of fields so that those are available in IP selection, do i have to replicate the ds on BI. (in rsa6)

If you had enables the option "SELECTION" for particular file, first you need to activate in RSA6 and replicate the data source in BW side so that the changes are effected in BW side and the field will be made available for loading.

3) I need to add one more field from right to left and now its available in the extracture structure. To get that field to ecc, should i just replicate the ds. How about creating the infobject for that field and replicate or ?

If the field is available in the Right hand side then move that field to Left hand side it will be available in the extract structure, click on generate data source and activate in LBWE.

Replication of data source we need to do it in BW side,inorder to copy the same extract struture of the Source.

Yes you need to assign this to an info object(you can search for BI content object,as most of the objects are available in the bi content if not create your own io).

4) there are lot of other flow to the pur flow, so will all those get deactivated when the structure of the ds changes. do i need to activate all the trans dtp etc.

If you are changing a particular data source extract structure then the changes are reflected with respect to that single data source only.

If the option HIDE is selected :

Hide Field: Activating this indicator effectively removes the field from the data-transfer process. The field will no longer be available in the transfer structure and therefore will not be pulled into BW. This field should not be active unless you know that the field contains data not relevant to the DataSource.

Daniel Ray

Thanks prashanth,

I have one more doubt, now my requirement is currently that field was added to the extract struture by some other team member. (so now i see that field in MC02M_0ITM extr sturc ) but  Now the ds is inactive, and the same field is hidden check box is checked in rsa6. Now my requirement is I should get that field in the infosource on bi side and and then check for some fields in the selection so that i have selection in infopackage for some more fields and I need to see teh ds active. Can you please tell me the steps in sequence to make that ds active on ecc and these changes are reflected in bi side. I appreciate your help.

KD Jain

HI Daniel,

I think you did this in Development server. in production server you can not change. However you can reactivate it you need not to change selection.

Deepak Machal

Hi daniel,

Here is the answer for your questions :

i) If you dont wish to alter any structure of extractor then you can just activate it, you will not required to replicate it.

ii)if you wish to have some more field during extraction in BW side from infopackage then definately you need  to change yourextractor select that field make it selection check for making it avialable in infopacakge side selection.

iii)Yes you will be require to create the infooabject and also need to change the transformaion and other target objects.

Also once you unhide that field then again you will be require to replicate it for the changes to be available in BI side.

Hope it will help .

Thanks,

Deepak

Actions