cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4.0 LCM - Using the Override Settings Option

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am reading the LCM user manual and I am wondering:

What is meaning of Using the Override Settings Option?

I need to use LCM to move WebI reports and Universes from one environment to another

and from one environment to a LCMBIAR file.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SP2 P12.

we have all BICS connections. when ever I try to scan over ride, it shows error as " NULL". we have this issue from patch 6. SAP confirmed that its an bug and it get resolved in patch 12. But I see same error message in P12 too.

Do any one are able to scan the connection and use the function on their enviorment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, maybe on the example.

I have developer and test enviroment.

On dev I have crystal report usign ole db connection to SQL Server (name sql1).

On test I need to have the same crystal report but using ole db connection to another SQL Server (name sql2).

Can I do this using LCM and Override settings?

maheshwarsing
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes, that is the intent of the override settings. The test system will have a list of source db connection details that will be updated to the new values.

eg: Report A in DEV connected to db1 on promotion (after editing the overrides) Report A in Test connected to db2 without any manual intervention.

zhang_jiwen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwar,

Does the override setting work well for the WebService URL in the Dashboard when using LCM ?

And,perform the override setting before or after the promotion job?

Thanks for sharing.

Best regards!

maheshwarsing
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

overrides for dashboard is supported only for the newly created content in BI4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like universe connections simply cannot be migrated from system A to B without creating override settings for it. What is the connection object being migrated doesn't need to change in terms of database settings...why would the LCM tool force (and fail if it doesn't exist) to create override settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did everything as advised to apply an override for the universe connection object, even though there is no change in the connection settings from QA to PROD, I still get this during Test Promote:

Resolution Status=Copied, Dependency Status=All the required dependencies are included., Commit Status=Commit is successful., Promotion Status=Warning : Can't apply override; Override information is Not Available

When I do the actual promotion, the job fails for the connection object citing override issues. I don't know what's going on with LCM but is there any way to no be forced to use the override feature?

Thanks!

maheshwarsing
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You use the Override settings option to automatically update the db connection values during promotion.

You scan the source system for all db connection information, promote it to the destination system, edit it with the updated strings.