cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Routings / Parallel Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where Production is taking place in such a way that when 10 pieces of a say Material A are produced the processing for the next level i.e. Material B starts and so on. The issue is that the system schedules the order in such a way that when the entire order of Material A is produced only then the production of Material B starts while in actual the Material B starts after 10 units of Material A have been produced. The order quantity is 100, it takes 1 hour to produce 10 units of Material A and 1 hour to produce 10 units of Material B. The system calculates that it will take 20 hours to produce both A and B while in actuality it takes 11 hours.

My question is how can we make the system automatically schedule Production this way. We are using discrete manufacturing, stock level and transfer needs to take place between materials so we can not use collective orders.

Regards,

HA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scheduling of production orders as a second step after MRP run is possible. However this is not automatically done in SAP. This usually has to be done for capacity considerations. Capacity leveling when performed after MRP by the shop floor controller determines the real schedule which is valid in terms of capacity. For this explore Capacity Requirement Planning topic and transactions in SAP menu, or reshedule produciton orders manually with realistic hours.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hashim,

I feel you are talking about the overlaaping of production.

Suppose you are having production order of 100 Pcs for material A.

Now initially on wrok center 1 you processed 10 pcs(i.e. components to produce 10 pcs of material A) of material A then moved those 10 pcs to work center 2. Then again next 10 pcs of material A are loaded over work center 1 & so on.

If this is the case then please go for overlaaping of operations in routing. Please go to operation details. Enter Overlap time & minimum send ahead quntity for all operations so that you will find the precise scheduling time for your production orders.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yogesh,

Yes! I am talking about overlapping. I can overlap operations in a routing but is there any way to overlap different routings? I need to overlap different routings as different materials are being produced in 2 different production areas and stock level for both of them need to be maintained and later on transferred to a different storage location so this rules out collective orders too.

Regards,

HA

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to directly define overlapping between the production of different materials that go via stock.

One of the reasons to this is that stock level planning is done by MRP in a lot sizing way, meaning that you may have a lot of SFG "serving" more than one lot of FG.

I read what you wrote, but the only way that the system links the two levels is direct production, meaning collective production orders.

Otherwise, if this is not an option, you need to work with production orders with small lots (equal to the go ahead quantities), or give up scheduling production orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hashim,

As of my knowledge there is no such provision available for Routing Overlap. Better you go for collective order as suggested by Mario.

Regards,

Yogesh