cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error updating Dispute case: FDM_PROCESS_BUFFER Internal error: ENQUEUE

marie_mclaughlin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Whenever we clear a Disputed Invoice with an incoming payment, we receive this error message if the Dispute is unresolved: -

An error occurred during the update of case xxxxx

Update Case with Program FDM_PROCESS_BUFFER

You can start the program by running this document.

However, when we run FDM_PROCESS_BUFFER we get an error: -

Dispute Case xxxxx: Internal Error: ENQUEUE

Has anyone come across this error before? Or can anyone suggest a solution for this error given the scenario we are using i.e. clearing unresolved Disputes?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

I believe this error occurs sometimes when the dispute is in edit mode and the program tries to close it.

The program cannot edit the status if a user has it in edit mode.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just change the status of your Dispute case (like In Progress) and go back to the buffering program.

Regards

marie_mclaughlin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback. However, it turns out that the reason we are getting these errors is not due to the Dispute Cases being edited at the time of update but due to lock sequences during the update processing of the buffered data. To work around this we created a user-exit.

former_member189681
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

We too are getting the same error and when we run the buffer program. Can you please let me know what exit did you implement to fix this issue.

thanks in advance.

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have gotten this error when the status of the dispute case was "new" which is not in the range of allowed statuses allowed for the automatic change in status needed for the closure.

If we change the status to an "in processing" status the error is cleared.

Try that to see if it fixes the error.

marie_mclaughlin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion but when we tried that we got the error message 'Process Step 003. Change not possible, process step 002 missing'.

The only solution we found was to write a user exit that would insert a blank in l_update_task within form DISPUTE_PROCESS_600 of the Function Module BAPI_DISPUTE_PROCESS.

former_member189681
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your response, I tried to change the status and run the program. I am still getting the same error.

Thanks

Krishna

former_member189681
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Marie,

I will try this and see if this solves our issue.

Thanks

Krishna