cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation and Config Approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client wants to implement SolMan 7.1 for their upcoming projects. I would like to know what is the best practice for documentation and configuration (Project Strategy) based on below situations.

1) There is a Global Solution manager project that contains all the templates and production support documents which are live

2) Now we are implementing 4 new projects with release approach. For each project we have 2 releases. In the 1st release we are doing only conversion and in 2nd release doing all the transactional stuff. Both the releases has separate Go-Live dates but they are overlapping eachother. so for example during the Test phase of 1st relase, we will start design or build phase for 2nd release. We want to implement ChaRM, Documentation Management, Test Management.

My questions are:

1) how many SolMan project do we need to create to support both releases? 1 or 2?

2) How can we maintain Documentation for both releases? We need only one place for all the documentation

3) how can we Sync or Merge with the documentation that already have in Global Project?

4) How can we maintain config for both relases?

5) Can we accomplish above tasks using only one SolMan proj?

6) What are the limitation of ChaRM in terms of supproting multiple releases and multiple project?

Any suggestions or answers will be helpful.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards,

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create 2 different projects

it is better in you case because you will be having release different as per requirement u hav mentioned

so you can create

project 1 with logica comp 1 +log comp 2 etc

and

project 2 with logica comp 1 +log comp 2 etc

so no need to worry project 1 transports won't hamper project 2 in case of same system landscape and vice versa....etc

hope it clarifies

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar,

Appreciated your response. It is very helpful.

Release 1 is Conversion and Release 2 is all other objects and both releases have same Processes and sub processes. Also phases for both releases are overlapping .. For example: When Release 1 is in Test phase, Release 2 is in build/realization phase.

Now If I go with 2 projects in SolMan Where and How can I maintain Configuration and Documentation? Do I have to maintain Config and Doc separately in both projects?

Thanks,

Shaun