cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated group header not appearing on page with group footer only

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRXI

I have a report with multiple group levels that are showing subtotals. There is no page header but instead a Group Header #2 that is set to Repeat Group Header on Each Group. There are 14 Group Footers #2 (a-n),. GF#2 is set for New Page After. So there is a page break on each change of Group#2 and it's header is repeated on every page.

However, when the detail and other group >#2 headers and footers sections fill a page exactly, the GF#2a prints on the next page, but without GH#2 (which acts like a page header). This only seems to occur when GF#2 is pushed to a separate page without any other detail lines. My GF#2a has subtotals so this looks a little odd. I have a page footer also and it does print on the page with the sole GF#2a. The page just has the subtotal at the top and footer at the bottom. The GH#2 repeats on subsequent pages but only if there are other details printed and not just the GF#2.

Any idea why GF#2a gets pushed to the next page but reprinting of GH#2 does not occur? I understand at that point it is the end of the group, but I would like the GH#2 to print.

My GH#2 contains the group name. Originally I had GH#2 setup as a page header, but in those cases where the details exactly filled up a page and the GF#2 was pushed to the next page, the group name on page 2 did not match the details on page 2. The group name was for the group on the prior page. So I switched my page header to a group header since that is really what it is. But now I have this new problem.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Although you have the Group set to 'Repeat of Every Page', Crystal Reports will NOT display the header for an 'orphaned' group header, because a new group has not started yet.

Here's a workaround you could try:

1) Create a formula called 'FakeGroup':

whilereadingrecords;
""

2) Create a group on this formula and make sure this group appears between Group Header 1 and Group Header 2. So the original Group Header 2 would now be Group Header 3

3) Suppress Group Footer 2 that is the Group Footer for this Fake Group

4) Go to Group Expert > Select the Fake Group > Options > options tab > check 'Repeat Group Header on Each Page'

5) Move the Group Header 3 text to Group Header 2 and Suppress Group Header 3

Run the report and it will show the Group Header on each page.

Let me know how this goes!

-Abhilash

Answers (0)