We are filling up the BWA indexes in process chain, How I check if the filling up the indexes is successful or not?
Ans :- You can check it through transaction RSDDBIAMON2. In this transaction Just go to menu BI Accelerator ->Index Checks ->Execute/Display/Checnge Checks. You will find all the cubes whose indexes have been created and also the comparison of the size of index tables and fact tables.
You can also check table RSDDTREXDIR.
Is roll up necessary after filling up the indexes? If yes why?
Ans :- Yes Roll Up is necessary after filling up the indexes as BIA index is similar to that of aggregates and until this is updated after daily data load the index will not be updated. Hence to update the BIA index after each data load RollUP is necessary.
You can check if the indexes are created or not by going to the respective infocube in rsa1 and check for the summation sign on the same line.If the summation sign is present it means that the indexes are created.
Roll up is necessary because when you do roll up the request will be made available for reporting.
You can check the for roll up being performaed or not by going to the context menu of the cude and selecting manage.
In the request tab you can check the field " Request available for reporting".
You can also check the following link for roll up in details :
Performance Optimization->Aggregates->Rolling Up Data into an Aggregate
Just to add few more info,
If you are doing the initial fill up of the indexes from process chain, then you do not need to do rollup for the current data, as it is available due to initial fill up.
But from next day onward you will have to do roll up for updating BI indexes.
You can check this in various ways.
1. Right Click on the Cube----> Maintain BI Accelerator Index -
> BIA Index for cube XXXXX is active and Filled
2. You would also see a sigma sign on the right side of the cube ( this Sigma sign will be there even if you have database aggregates)
3. RSDDTREXDR table will tell you if the Index is active on that particular cube
4. Run the query and check from SM50 --If you see work process is accessing Fact table of the cube, then there is some problem in BWA index , else if you see some "TREX" function is being called, index are fine
5. From RSRV
->All Elementary Test -->Compare data in BI tables and BIA index
>BI Accelerator -
>BI Accelerator Consistency Check
6. RSDDBIAMON2----->BI Accelerator --->Index Information -
>Display All Index