cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing BO 4 - Edge vs. Enterprise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I now the installation of BO 4 Enterprise and going to install the BO 4 Edge version soon. I downloaded the BO 4 Edge guide and there it says "For installing the platform components refer to the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform

Installation Guide."

So I guess the setup of Edge is the same as the Enterprise setup?

Some questions to the setup from my side:

1. .NET must be installed. Is this already installed on Win2008 server by default?

2. is the MS SQL Server Express Edition available in the Edge setup? I would choose it as repository database.

3. when selecting the components to be installed - I just would like to use Tomcat. Do I need the other Java Web Tier component (is this the WACS?)?

4. LifeCycle Manager comes with Edge as well?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

please find your answers.

1. The .NET Framework is required. On a default Windows Server 2008 installation it is installed.

2. Yes it is

3. No, just select the Tomcat

4. Not quite sure. But the fact that LCM is the new strategical component for transportation, i`m pretty sure it is shipped with EDGE

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your fast help!

1. I will deselect the "Web Application Container Server" since I would like to use Tomcat - all webapps are automatically deployed?

2. What's the CMS cluster key? What should I input there?

3. Is there a tool within the installation package to get access to the MS SQL Server Express Edition (I know, the repository is encrypted)?

4. When I want to connect to SAP BW a SAP GUI has to be installed on the same machine as BO - correct? Does it matter when I install the SAP GUI after installing BO?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Hi,

there you go:

1.) Yes - they get automatically deployed

2.) You will need that key if you want to cluster your installation in the future. This is a new Feature if BI4. Enter a Passphrase here and write it down...in case you want to configure a cluster in the future

3.) Per default not. But you can download the "Microsoft Management Studio" for SQL Server 2008 - its for free and you can access the MS SQL instance with it. But we recommend to NOT change the CMS/Audit DB manually. The best is - leave it alone.

4.) This was the case in XI 3.1 and it was also not necessary but possible. You need the SAP GUI on the machines where you develop your reports and Universes. Only developers need the SAP GUI - not the End- Users.

Regards

-Seb.

Answers (0)