Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling the Enter Parameter Value dialog box

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm developing Crystal Reports in a WPF application using CRVS2010

The issues I'm having are the following:

I am attempting to pass parameter values to a report. I have been able to set a several paramater values by using the following syntax:

ReportObject.SetParameterValue("ParameterName1", ParameterValue1);

ReportObject.SetParameterValue("ParameterName2", ParameterValue2);

ReportObject.SetParameterValue("ParameterName3", ParameterValue3);

ReportObject.SetParameterValue("ParameterName4", ParameterValue4);

Issue #1:

Each time I run the application sometimes the report will display with the report data and parameter values; Other times, just before the report displays, it will prompt me to "Enter Parameter Value".

How do I prevent this dialog box from displaying so that the programmed parameter values will display instead?

Issue #2:

When the Refresh button on the Viewer control menu is clicked a dialog box prompts ask if the new parameter values should be used or to use the old parameter values.

How do I prevent this dialog box from displaying and refresh the paramater values?

I know that there is a ReuseParameterWhenRefresh property that's part of the ViewCore class but I'm not sure how to use it to eleviate the issue I'm having on the refresh.

Any help that can be provided with this most urgent matter (on my part of course) would be most appreciated.

Marlon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One issue per thread please see See [Rules Of engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement].

Take a look at the [sample applications for CR for VS 2010|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/samples?rid=/library/uuid/5050d3d0-19dd-2d10-ffb2-ddcd30a3e655].

Passing parameter sample app woould be able to resolve your issue.

Hope this helps,

Bhushan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize for the multi-issue post. However, the source of information that you provided had nothing to do with passing parameters to a report. Furthermore, my issue isn't with passing a parameter to the report. The #1 issue I'm trying to resolve is preventing the "Enter Parameter Value" dialog box from displaying when I do pass the parameter to the report.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if you are refreshing the ReportDocument object or the Crystal Reports Viewer somewhere in your code after passing the parameters to the report. That could cause the parameter prompt to show up.

- Bhushan.