cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI .ssd file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to change the tx.ssd filename to something else.

We have a problem with the WinGUI iView, because the workstations associates the .ssd ending with another application. Because of this, the portal asks if the user want's to save it as a file.

We are using EP6.0 SP17.

- Kristian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: Mitchi Haight on Sep 30, 2009 3:58 PM

Edited by: Mitchi Haight on Sep 30, 2009 3:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

The .ssd file extension entry should be associated with the SAP FrontEnd Logon Application so that when the Portal IView file tx.ssd is required to be opened, windows already knows that the .ssd file should be opened by the sapgui frontend logon application.

Usually the .ssd extension is NOT associated in Windows with any program so there is no ambiguity for Windows when opening this file because the IView contains the relevant information for opening.

Other programs may configure this .ssd extension for their own use, and when this occurs, the tx.ssd pop-up will occur because Windows will be asking whether you wish to open the file with the SAP Logon Application or just save the file because there is an ambiguity for Windows as to what to do with a file that is associated internally with the SAP Logon Application, but the .ssd file extension is NOT associated with the SAP Logon Application.

So we should associate the ".ssd" File Extension with the SAP FrontEnd Logon Application in the Registry Hive HKCR\.ssd\@="SapFront.App" in the following ways:

1. with the Registry (reg) command:

reg add "hkcr\.ssd" /ve /t REG_SZ /d SapFront.App /f

OR

2. from Explorer:

Open Explorer

Select Tools -> Folder Options... -> File Types

Select: New

Select: Advanced>>

File Extension: ssd

Associated File Type: SAP Logon Application

Select: OK

The Windows Registry entry will then look like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ssd]

@="SapFront.App"

When SapGUI is installed, it set up the second part of this puzzle which allows the tx.ssd file to be opened.

The SapFront.App entry in HKCR is setup by sapgui to open the saplogon.exe program, which happens to be the SAP FrontEnd Logon Application.

The Windows Registry looks like this:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SapFront.App]

"SapCreateKey"=dword:00000000

@="SAP Logon Application"

"EditFlags"=hex:00,00,01,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SapFront.App\CLSID]

@="{83658045-6571-3232-7082-797884697869}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SapFront.App\DocObject]

@="0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SapFront.App\Insertable]

@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SapFront.App\protocol]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SapFront.App\protocol\StdFileEditing]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SapFront.App\protocol\StdFileEditing\server]

@="\"C:
Program Files
SAP
FrontEnd
Sapgui
saplogon.exe\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SapFront.App\protocol\StdFileEditing\verb]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SapFront.App\protocol\StdFileEditing\verb\0]

@="&Edit"

If you have an association for the .ssd file type that you need to be other than the SAP logon Application, then change the SSD_URL_Postfix entry as shown below:

According to SAP Note Number 901949 - Popup for tx.ssd shows up on Windows XP SP2 or Windows2003

In EP6 SP2 you may also try this step:

-

6. Edit WinGuiRenderLayer.properties

Edit the file

/usr/sap/<SID>/j2ee/j2ee_XX/cluster/server/services/

servlet_jsp/work/jspTemp/irj/root/WEB-INF/portal/portalapps/com.sap.port

al.appintegrator.sap/property/Transaction/WinGuiRenderLayer.properties

Change the line

SSD_URL_Postfix = /tx.ssd

to

SSD_URL_Postfix = /tx.sapssd

and save the file. Restart the portal.

Once this is done, you can then either leave the .sapssd file type unconfigured or you can configure it to point to the SAP Logon Application in the following ways:

reg add "hkcr\.sapssd" /ve /t REG_SZ /d SapFront.App /f

OR

2. from Explorer:

Open Explorer

Select Tools -> Folder Options... -> File Types

Select: New

Select: Advanced>>

File Extension: sapssd

Associated File Type: SAP Logon Application

Best Regards

Peta M Gergen

SAP Basis Administrator

KPMG

147 Collins Street

Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia

pgergen@kpmg.com.au

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peta,

Your reply is pretty detailed and edifying.

I have a question - Should the SAP GUI be installed on the machine from where we are accessing the Sap Transaction iView (through browser) ?

Thanks & Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peta,

Sorry to bother you, but I have question on how to add in the reg add "hkcr\.sapssd" /ve /t REG_SZ /d SapFront.App /f

In the command: how should I type?

This quote from you:

"Once this is done, you can then either leave the .sapssd file type unconfigured or you can configure it to point to the SAP Logon Application in the following ways:

reg add "hkcr\.sapssd" /ve /t REG_SZ /d SapFront.App /f

Thanks again

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth

The SAP GUI can be installed on any client machine and even on the SAP Portal server from where you access the Sap Transaction iView.

Best Regards

Peta Gergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

I have created a file for you to use repeatedly instead of just running the single command you are asking about.

Save the following 5 lines :

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sapssd]

@="SapFront.App"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ssd]

@="SapFront.App"

to a Windows Registry file called Set_SapGui_FileAssosciations.reg

1. You can then run this file anytime by double-clicking it with the mouse

or

2. you can call it from the command prompt (Start->Run->cmd) by using

reg import Set_SapGui_FileAssosciations.reg

Best Regards

Peta Gergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peta, we're having this same issue, but with .sapssd. Does the same solution you recommended above also apply to the .sapssd file extension? I read a similar thread () and it suggested deleting the .SAPSSD file type in Windows Explorer. Would you please let me know if you recommend what you have in this thread, or what is in the other thread (). Thanks, Mitchi

Edited by: Mitchi Haight on Sep 30, 2009 3:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitchi

The message pop-up is from MS Windows as it already has an extension definition which is associated with another application.

It is MS Windows that is saying it has a program conflict with the extension type (.ssd / .sapssd) that the portal is trying to open using the SAPGui

You can either:

1. delete the associations by deleting the .ssd and .sapssd extensions in MS Windows

or

2. set the association for both .ssd (EP6 below SP19) and .sapssd (EP6 SP19 and up and EP7)

The reason for the extension change from .ssd to .sapssd is I suspect due to applications like Snaggit (screen capture) using the .ssd extension. Which is why removing the .ssd extension works.

Removing the .sapssd extension is only useful if it is incorrectly assigned.

Either way it is just easier to set the extensions as per the registry key updates I specified before.

Best Regards

Peta

Former Member
0 Kudos

How could this file association be created to be used with App-V? Cannot get this to work... During monitoring all works out fine, but how to trigger the opening of the bubble? SAP GUI 7.20 and AppV 4.6 on Win7.

/Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristian,

we resolved this issue with out SAP help and please

Step 1 : On Windows XP SP2 --> Open windows explorer and choose tools->folder options->file types

Step 2: Look for SDD file extension type and check which application is mapped. in my case it was mapped to Snagit and changed to SAPGUI but it did not help. Finally I deleted SDD file extention from windows explorer -> tools->folder options->file types , Now it is working fine.

I mean no pop-ups asking save or open etc and also Snagit is also working fine.

Thanks

Venkat Tamma

Former Member
0 Kudos

This worked! After spending lots of time trying to figure out various settings for SAP, the portal, iview & my browser, I espeically appreciate a simple answer!

Thank you!!

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristian,

See SAP note 901949 and the referenced note 825464; a hotfix is attached to the latter from SP14 on. The problem will be solved in general from SP19 on.

Hope it helps

Detlev