cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a DC from one SC to another SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed 3 Dc`s in one SC. I want to move the same to another SC in the same track. Please provide any link/docs relating to this. I searched in sdn but couldnt find the proper one.

Am using NWDS 7.2 sp04.

Thanks,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please go in your NWDS to

Window -- Preferences -- Development Infrastructure -- Design Time Repository

and in the section "Exper Settings" enable the checkbox called "Enable administrative functionality".

After this you will have the "Integrate To..." feature on the context menu of the "Closed activities", i.e. in other words

you can fully apply the note: #888969 How to Move a DC from one SC to another

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you problem solved.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

fyi, the note is now updated:

#888969 -- How to Move a DC from one SC to another

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John and Ervin,

I'm doing the same thing, I'm trying to move the DC from SC to other SC in 7.3 version for the SAP note#  888969, however looks like we need to have the Administrator rights can you please let me know Admin rights means adding J2EE_ADMIN role to my user id? or how to find out if I have access to perform this task?

• You have administrator rights (You especially need the INTEGRATE permission on the DTR workspaces).

-- second qn: the link in the sap note is not working to see what exactly defined in that, appreciate if you could let me know the best approach?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/01/72a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/content.htm

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the first question, actually what counts is the UME Role NWDI.Administrator. I think j2ee admin related rights won't help here. On higher releases, there are roles (or groups ? ) called SAP_DI_ADMINISTRATOR and similar others starting with SAP_DI_*.

Regarding the link: Thanks a million pointing out. I'll correct that link.

So since you refer to that link, it means you have 640/700  NWDS ?

I think the new link I'll use in that note will be this one :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/01/72a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/content.htm

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

fyi, we have corrected the link in that note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for correcting the link in the sap note Ervin, however sorry, I'm using NWDS7.3 on NW7.3 server not 7.0.

so can you please provide what role should I need to move the DC from one SC to other SC and also do you have any other step by step document to perform the move as we have lot of components on DC which we are worried to touch and need to handle very fragile.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I faced the same kind of error once when accessing DTR.

The problem was, the user which was trying to access DTR was having insufficient roles.

The solution is

Go to the user admin page of server and assign required roles to XXX user to access DTR.

1.    Add XXX user to NWDI.Administrators and NWDi.developers groups

2.    Also add NWDi.administrator role to XXX User.

Hopefully it should resolve the issue.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you can follow the note, but one remark to it: most likely you won't find the option "Integrate To..." on the context menu of the "Closed Activities", but you can do the integration part using the DTR console as per:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw72/helpdata/EN/49/0ff10817d92633e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Please also pay attention to the guide, because it may happen that the note is not even necessary this case since on 720 there is a feature for the "Move..." action:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw72/helpdata/EN/49/11ec98cf292810e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ervin

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

the option "Move" is always greyed out except for local DC.

Do you know how to enable this feature?

thanks

John

Edited by: John Wu on Jan 9, 2012 2:26 PM

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am just clarifying this with dev support and update this thread once I got the answer.

By the way, the Copy feature can be used also by non-localdevelopment (and then I guess the DC from the source can be deleted which then at the end -- together with Copy -- equals to a Move).

Cheers,

Ervin

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

at development infrastructure perspective, right click you dc and choose "Move"

seems this one only works for local dc.

you can search in sdn "how to move local dc to nwdi"

you can take the same procedure for moving dc between sc

Edited by: John Wu on Dec 5, 2011 8:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John.

Am developing my dc`s in nwdi track & not it in local development. For more details let me explain the scenario,

Track1                                                
     SC1
     SC2
        -DC1
        -DC2 

Now i want to move/copy the DC`s from SC2 to SC1 in same track

Track1
     SC1
         -DC1
        -DC2 
     SC2

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the note:

Note 888969 - How to Move a DC from one SC to another

This should resolve your issue.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pramod.

From the note am able to see this is for NWDS 7.0. Can we follow the same for NWDS 7.2 SP04.?

Regards,

Arun.