cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Subform blank space not being reclaimed

Ratherfish
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've found a number of threads on this topic but non of the suggestions have resolved the problem that I'm having and it seems to be exactly the same that others are having. I appologize for once again bring this problem up.

My scenario is that I have two subforms within a subform. Each of the two subforms have a text element with two floating fields inserted.

SubformA

Subform1

Text

Subform2

Text

All subforms are "Flowed".

Script is inserted in the Layout Ready event of SubformA (I've tried a number of different events) that hides either Subform1 or Subform2 depending on a value. I've placed the field I'm making a decision on in the Master Page. Subform1 and Subform2 get hidden when required but the space they leave behind is not getting reclaimed. I'm using "hidden" and not "invisible"

Non of the other posts that I've found have clearly said that the suggestions have resolved their issue. I'm at the point where I thinking that there must be a system setting that needs to be set for this to work or a patch that needs to be applied.

This has become very frustrating for a very simple requirement. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Livecycle Designer version - 8.1.2.5095.1.652601

SAP GUI - 720

ECC 6.0 release 701

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gerald,

From your post, I understood is, if Text 1 is there, it should print, and Text 2 should not print, If Text 1 is not there, it should not print and it should not leave blank space and it should print text 2 and if text 1 and text 2 are present, it should print, one after the other...

this you can do it the following way.

Create two dummy tables, itab1 and itab2.

If text1 is there then, insert one record into itab1. else leave table itab1 with no records and similar with itab2.

Now bind subform1 with itab1 and subform2 to itab2. and remove min count = 1.

Any data can be present in tables, but make sure that only one record is inserted into it.

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

I have done the same thing,

Master Page - Main Subform - Flowed/western Text, child subforms - Flowed/Western Text,

SFPDOCPARAMS-DYNAMIC = 'X', all scripts in DocReady, using "hidden"..

All events are in DocReady of Parent Subform.

Version of ADLC : 10.4.0

SAP ERP 6.0

But script is not getting executed. Subform Shrinking is not happening.

Can anyone help me for the same. Its really urgent...

Regards,

Neha

Message was edited by: neha sao

Ratherfish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Managed to finally figure this one out myself. I found note 1506782 that put me on the right track.

It comes down to that I was missing the SFPDOCPARAMS-DYNAMIC = 'X' and the scripting was in the wrong event. I should have had the scripting in the DocReady event. Thought I had tried all the events.

Two small changes relieves a very big headache. Hope the helps someone else out there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!

It works, but the amount of data transfered to server is couple of times bigger...

This could impact mass printing and real-time printing also.

Looks like there's no simple solution for that....

Ratherfish
Explorer
0 Kudos

You are close in understanding my requirement.

I'm not making a decision on the value of the Text items. My text items are static text that deal with a monthly statement (for the month of:) or a quarterly statment (for the quarter ending:) . The value of another field determines whether static text1 displays or static text2 displays.

I could use your approach and make the decision within the print program but it seems like a lot of work when all the documentation states that if I hide a field or subform its space should be replaced with the remaining items in the form definition.

The help is fairly straight forward and the fact that I can hide the subform I want to but not have that hidden space replaced leads me to think that there is more to getting this to work than having the scriptiing set up properly.

Has anybody else been able to get this to work and still stay within the confines of the supposed ability of the tool?