cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW- BI 4.0 integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have installed BI 4.0 SP2 , now we are trying to configure BI 4.0 and BW 7.0.

1) We installed the full version of BI 4.0

2) We copied the "cofiles" and "data" from the downloaded BI 4.0 directory.

3) Then we copied it to SAP BW - trans directory.

4) Logged in to sap BW , when to stms then tried to find the cofiles but we could'n find it.

we followed the Note :1486773

Please help me to sort out this issue.

Regards

Aflal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aflal,

what is the workflow you trying to do and which BI product / client are you trying to integrate ?

you will need the transports only in very specific scenarios

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for replying back,

what i am trying to do is i want to connect BI4.0 and BEx Query. first i create a OLAP connection for a BEx query.then i logged in to Webi and i tried to create a report using Bex i cant select the query i created.

there is no error, the screen get grayed out.

we used BW 7.0.

Regards

Aflal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me to solve this issue.

Regards

Aflal

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, you need bw 7.01 SP6 as a minimum. Most reference 7.01 customers are on SP09 now.

Also:

- set the bex query property "available for external access"

- create the olap .cns in IDT (do not use CMC > OLAP connection > authentication type "prompt" - unsupported by webi)

- Begin with BO Administrator and BW SAP_ALL profile for initial connection tests

if this doesn't work :

- Set the TraceLog services on the WebIProcessingServer to HIGH, and the same for the DSL_Bridge (AdaptiveProcessingServer) service, capture the workflow - see if any errors can be seen in the .glf logs.

- You might also want capture an RSTT trace in BW, and check the recordings for any red lights etc

Regards,

H

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is completely fine to setup the connection using the CMC.

In case you configured your connection to use SSO you have to ensure the SAP Authentication is configured and that you are logging on using the SAP credentials.

You also need to ensure that the BEx query is configured to be available for external access which is a Query property which can be configured in the BEX query designer on the Advanced tab.

regards

Ingo

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Except authentication type "prompt" - that only works with Analysis

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

also that works with other clients.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1) We run on BW 7.0 is it ok or we need to upgrade the patch or what ?

2) on my server i didnt do a SAP JCO connection so i cant import the BI roles.

please give us a feedback on above

Regards

Aflal

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No really Ingo - prompt authentication - is for Analysis only

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

for your Q1 : you need 7.01 SP6 as a minimum. Most reference 7.01 customers are on SP09 now

for your Q2 - please open a new forum post and provided more details . It is not clear what you mean

Regards,

H

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

on the Role Import what is the issue you are seeing ?

the JCo part is already part of the BI4 installation assuming you selected the SAP integration components during the installation.

Do you see the SAP Authentication in the Central Management Console ?

If so, did you create a user in your SAP system with the necessary authorizations ? See the Installation Guide for details.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

we are currently in SAP BW 7.0 sp13, so we are going to upgrade it, until then we cant connect to sap BW ?? that's what i think.

HI ingo,

we installed the Full installation and i assume the SAP Jco also installed.

when we try to import roles from the system, we are getting this error " Client 303 is not available in this system on 10.1.144.86 sysnr 00 "

On 3.1 version we followed the following notes to configure sap BW and sap Jco

1292144 - JCO error when Importing SAP Roles in CMC

1274700 - SAP Role Import error: com/sap/mw/jco/JCO$Function

will it be connected after the patch upgrade is the version mis match of the patch is the issue .Please help on us

Regards

Aflal

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

to confirm again - your BW doesn't meet minimum platform requirements for BICS integration

this is listed in the PAM (product availability matrix) pages which show supported platform compatibility

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have new install of BO 4.0 on top of SAP BW 7.02.

Everything is up...

however I cannot see connections listed when I log in to WEBI-RichClient>>>Bex

What is required to see BEX queries from BW in WEBI ? Do I need a SM59 connection defined in SAP_BW ?

Thanks

Edited by: Eriki Gopi on Dec 16, 2011 7:58 PM

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to configure a OLAP Connection in the Central Management Console (CMC) to the BW system.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply...

However in the message chain from Henry Banks

- create the olap .cns in IDT (do not use CMC > OLAP connection > authentication type "prompt" - unsupported by webi)

What is the difference between OLAP connection in CMC vs IDT ? The purpose is to use BEX queries and create BO documents .

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use the CMC or IDT to setup a connection. the result is the same - a connection that you can use with Web Intelligence.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Problem Solved .

These are the few points you all shared and i found out few.

1) If you use the full installation there is no need to put the integration KIT because it's in Built and there is no need to install the SAP Jco as well

2) Minimum patch level is SAP BW 7.0 sp23 is the Minium level as per SAP PAM but we are usinng SP 13 and it worked.

anyway its recommended to have SAP BW 7.0 sp23 it avoids from other issues.

Regards

Aflal

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is just a matter of time until you hit further problems !! (datasource connectivity for reporting clients)

With all due respect, anything lower than BW 7 EhP1 SP09 is doomed for failiure (and repeat patching) to work with BI 4.0

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

it would be very great to get a "nice" error message when trying to use prompt type and webi....we were struggling with it, because exception is totally generic and just the message "Prompt not support in WebI scenario" would have been awesome

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a BASIS tasks, and is unchanged from previous versions .

Step by step guide here: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/2081d0c5-eb63-2d10-2f84-af7062068c3c

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Henry,

we followed the same document but we stuck because we cant search the files that we exported. the link you have send is for 3.1 is the same process for 4.0 as well. please update me.

Regards

Aflal

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

like i said "unchanged from previous versions"

try again, or contact support

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Henry,

Thnks for your step by step guide link in Importing the Transport Files for the SAP Integrated Solutions XI 3.1... Appreciate if you can help us with complete integration guide of BO 4.0 with BW SAP SSO...  

Thnks in advance..

Regard's

Raju