cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFP - Detailed navigation panel image customization not working NW7.3 EHP05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all !!

I had an installed portal in 7.3 and I succesfully made some simple customizations using the theme editor inside the portal.

Later we upgraded the portal to EHP05 and the theme didn't work anymore, I read a few threads and SAP notes and figured out that, during upgrades, themes break.

I decided that the solution is making the adjustments again. So, I copied again the new standar tradeshow theme and tried to change the values in the theme editor.

Everything works fine, exept for the detailed navigation panel, which when I give to it the URL images for changing it, it doesn´t get refreshed, not even the preview cahnges, it is as if I never changed any of those images (top left, top center, top right, center, left, right, bottom left, bottom center, bottom right)

Is there a known solution for it?? Is this a known problem??

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if the question still exists, here is a advice.

The solution of Kavitha Gopinathan is completly right. The confusing point is the path for the customizing.

Normally you think all customizing settings for the navigation panel is located in detailed navigation. True, there are also some settings which looks like the right settings for the navigation panel but they arent. So, but there are NO settings for the background images what you want to change.

The background images for the navigation panel is located in Layout - Left Panel.

best regards

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you use images of right sizes as shown in the documentation? The right sizes definitely matters. Better idea is to compare your images with sap tradeshow images (you may download the theme to your computer and compare them with your images)

Location in Theme Category:

Theme Editor
Detailed Navigation Outer Frame of Ajax Framework Page Layout Left Panel

#

Name in Theme Editor

Type

Size

Path Under Images Folder

URL to Top Left Image of Navigation Panel

19x29

layout\Navi00.png

URL to Top Center Image of Navigation Panel

1x29

layout\Navi10X.png

URL to Top Right Image of Navigation Panel

21x29

layout\Navi20.png

URL to Left Center Image of Navigation Panel

19x1

layout\Navi01Y.png

URL to Center Image of Navigation Panel

1x1

layout\Navi11XY.png

URL to Right Center Image of Navigation Panel

1x127

layout\Navi21Y.png

URL to Bottom Left Image of Navigation Panel

19x127

layout\Navi02.png

URL to Bottom Center Image of Navigation Panel

1x127

layout\Navi12X.png

URL to Bottom Right Image of Navigation Panel

21x127

layout\Navi22.png

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try clearing the IE cache and portal navigation cache ?

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried after reading your recommendation, but it still doesn't take the changes. I even restarted the portal service.

What are the URL entries I have to fill?? maybe I'm doing it wrogn after the update.

Thanks for the reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the [link|http://www.sapdesignguild.org/editions/edition6/theme_editor.asp].

Regards,

Mahesh