cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with OM relationship structure when using report RHSTRU00

Former Member
0 Kudos

In HR, one Person (P) is attached to only one Central Person (CP). So, when we run the report with date period as of Today, we expect a Tree structure in the output with P-CP relationships displayed. However, we see that the report displays one Person attached to many CPs.

The program fetches the 1 P to 1 CP combination. However, it deletes all Persons who are not Active as of today but does not delete the CP. It then attaches all CPs to the first Active Person it can find.

This is a serious bug since it shows data which is different from what exists in the system. In our systems as would be in any HR system in the world, One person can be attached to only one CP and the program shows that the Person is attached to many CPs.

I opened a OSS message but SAP refused to correct this bug.

Has anybody else ever encountered the same issue and do you have a solution to this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What selection criteria are you using - what object type and what evaluation path?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running fo around a 1000 Pernrs with evaluation path A209. It is a standard path with just 1 relationship p-cp.

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the report, and it certainly returns incorrect data, I found exactly what you say regarding active/inactive persons.

What is SAP's reason for not looking into this? It would be interesting to hear their argumentation for this not being a bug.

It may be that SAP expects RHSTRU00 to be called only for active persons? This would require running another report first to get the input for RHSTRU00. This seems like a strange prerequisite for the program, and I do not understand why SAP don't see this as a bug. The error seems rather obvious and reproducable.

I often find that I have to push to get passed first line of support to have SAP see the problem. It is tiring, but I have found this to be the fact far too often.

PS - we never use the program like this, so we do not face the problem ourselves.

/Kirsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have pushed it beyond the first level of support and the development team has come back saying that this report cannot be changed. It is a generic tool and no customer has ever reported this issue. They have asked us to rather put separate code in a BADI for every relationship that we will use.

This is the reason I wanted to check if other people have encountered this issue and the solution that they implemented to correct it.

Prakash

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For me this report keeps dumping no matter what I try - It seems to be detecting recursive relationships, when I know for a fact there are none. There may be a problem with the standard code - Normally SAP do take a closer look if you can demonstrate there is a problem.

Have you tried running the report with the recursive flag ticked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

What is the eval path that you are using? If you have the same start and end object of a eval path or one of the upper relationship objects figures once again in the result, you get this issue.

We have already demonstrated to SAP that this is a problem.

Prakash

Edited by: Prakash Sethia on Dec 12, 2011 10:47 AM

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One example -Using the evaluation path BOSSONLY, using a top level org unit as the starting point.

If I run it with the recursive tick box selected, it outputs a report with almost the entire structure marked as being recursive and I know that is not the case - each org unit only occurs once in the output -

We don't use this report in the productive system - was just trying it out to see what your problem looks like - If there is a BadI that can fix it, maybe you can get this sorted out faster that way, rather than wait for SAP - I agree sometimes they need a lot of persuasion. All the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand SAP's answer. To me there is a logical error in their code - the fact that they actually attach an object to an object it doesn't belong to, must be incorrect. I would understand their answer if this was a function module or BAPI and it was our responsibility how to call it. But this is a report with a selection screen, and it shouldn't produce this output.

Do you have an abaper that can debug the code an pinpoint to SAP exactly where they go wrong? This sometimes helps.

/Kirsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP came with a solution to create a new relationship, new evaluatio path, attach a event to the new relationship and write custom code for that event to get the data. A case of a missile to kill a mosquito.

btw the same issue exists with other OM transactions like PPSS etc.

We deicded to go ahead with a custom report for our purpose.