cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hox to configure BEx Web Integration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the section describing the BEx Web Integration in the admin guide of BO XI 4, we have to do the following:

1- Starting a Server for BEx Web Applications, for this step i craeted a stanalone server by cloning the Adaptative processing server and choose the BEX web application.

2- Checking Connection to BW System, i created a co=nnection to the BW system in the OLAP connection .

3- Configuring a connection between BEx web application designer and BI platform in tghis step i have to use the RFC which should be created in te following 2 steps.

4- Configuring Server Settings fro configuring the web appklication service

In this step we have to fill information about JCO Server (JCo Server RFC Destination, JCo Server Gateway Host, JCo Server Gateway Service):

- is there a special bame to put for JCo Server RFC Destination or it should be just the ID Program that i fill in the RFC created on the BW system?

- for JCo Server Gateway Service , is it just the sapgw00 which is the gateway on the BW side or it shoudl have other value?

5- Creating an RFC destination in the ABAP System for the craetion of the RFC on the BW side ,

- it is written to choose "Send SAP Logon Ticket" when i do so i got the following in the bottom of the page:"Delete the flag for the "Send SAP Logon Ticket" checkbox" is there some steps to be done before to let it work?

- In the gateway option which gateway i have to put there?

Regards,

Hassan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please go throgh this link for the steps for integration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/a3/513ab48fc646259525854dcf12bc14/content.htm

pls assign points if this was useful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below Integration of SAP BI 7.0 and SAP EP 7.0 pdf will be useful one.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0a5216a-349c-2a10-9baf-9d4797349f6a

Thanks

Riyez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link,

In the part describing the RFC to be created on BW side for the fateway option it is written:

Gateway Options: Enter the Gateway host and the Gateway service that the J2EE engine uses to communicate with the BI system. The gateway host, which is an application server for the BI system, and the gateway service can be generated generically from sapgw<SYSTEM_NUMBER>. You can determine the parameters of the gateway in transaction Gateway Monitor (transaction code SMGW) by choosing Goto -> Parameter -> Display.

- in my case i have to connect the BW to the BOXI 4 so for the what information should in put in the gateway host and gateway service and also for the Program ID ?

Regards,

Hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a very detailed Blog about the

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/ConfigurationstepstointegrateBExWebapplicationsintoBI+4.x

I did all the needed configuration but when i try to the BEX web application in the BI and enter the credentials of the BW user i got the following error which doesnt give lots of information about the reason:

BEx Web Application

BEx Web Application Session Management

Exception occured while processing the current request; this exception cannot be handled by the application or framework

Failed to process request; contact your system administrator

To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page

We are sorry for the inconvenience

Copyright © SAP AG. All Rights Reserved.

arvind_doomra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hassan,

Please check the document in below link.This has all the steps for integration of BI and EP.

Regards,

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arvind,

It seems that you forgot to post the link, can you please try to post it again?

Regards,

Hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arvind,

It seems that you forgot to post the link, can you please try to post it again?

Regards,

Hassan

arvind_doomra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hassan,

I am sorry , I forgot it last time,,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0a5216a-349c-2a10-9baf-9d4797349f6a

Regards,

Arvind