Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave Request Approval in MSS

former_member264894
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we are not getting Leave request Approval node in MSS. What are the customisations i have to be done in MSS NAV under lpd_cust.( Already i checked with providing some parameters under MSS NAV.but it's not working fine) and at the same which configurations i have to be done in portal side. Can i add any parameter under leave request approval iview in portal. I saw some issues regarding this eventhough i am confusing somewhere. Detailed explanation is more appreciated. our land scape is R/3--ECC 6.0,EHP5..........PORTAL-EP 7.01 EHP2

waiting for your valuable replies.................

Regards

veeranji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check the note 1618269 and 1600953

AND (HRESS_A_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_APPL) with ARQ_MODE = A

ARE YOU USING POWL?

have you configured TS21500003 in SWFVISU

former_member264894
Participant
0 Kudos

hi siddhardh,

thank u for ur immediate reply.

Our client choosed Enterprise portal for implementing ESS/MSS webdynpro ABAP applications.

we have installed the ess/mss components BPERPESSWDA 1.50 SP5,BP_ERP5MSS 1.51 SP5.

Can we need to install the MSS add on 1.0 ?

i don't have POWL config. May be it is part of under NWBC client. but here we are implementing through portal (NW EP 7.01 EHP2.). in this case please correct me.

I configured UWL in portal only. Can I add application with parameters under MSS NAV?

please give me the detailed approach for my scenario.

Thanks

veeranji

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes you can install MSS add on,

or you can use MSS NAV in LPD_CUST, POWL comes with ADD ON, so if you install add on then it will be available or without this you can use uwl and implement above notes

former_member264894
Participant
0 Kudos

hi siddhardh,

you are telling no need to install MSS Add on for my scenario(OPTIONAL) and we can use UWL instead of POWL.

which parameters i need to provide under MSS NAV in lpd_cust and SWFVISU. ? Can I get "leave Approval" node in MSS after providing parameters under MSS NAV in lpd_cust.? Otherwise Can I do the complete configuration in SWFVISU(i.e. workflow items)? Is there any changes to be done in standard Iview ?

waiting for ur valuable replies....

Thanks

veeranji

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Its better to use MSS ADD ON. Please install it.

I indicated if you dont do it, then you ll use UWL.

make sure this is done in any case!!!!

Do this customisaiton

in the role parameter was missing, it is in LDP_CUST MSS, NAV.

Add LRF_ARQ_MODE to A in application paramter

There is already a Manager role shipped SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC, which

needs to be attached to your manager pernr. In the Manager role there is

a link to access the Leave request approval scenario.

Coming to the application, we use the same application

HRESS_A_PTARQ_LEAVEREQ_APPL with application parameter LRF_ARQ_MODE to

distinguish between Leave request and Approval scenario. By default it

is set to R( Leave request mode). For approval scenario it should be

set to A( Leave approval mode).

APPLICATION hress_a_ptarq_leavreq_appl

DYNPARAM#WI_ID=${item.externalId} to

DYNPARAM#LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}.

and apply the notes as indicated

former_member264894
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Already I Added LRF_ARQ_MODE=A in application paramter under MSS_NAV. and I assigned manager role SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC to user.

I configured TS21500003 in SWFVISU.

here i provided DYNPARAM#LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}

and also i checked my uwl configuration .It is also ok.

But i am not geeting leave approval node under Team in MSS.

we didn't install the MSS add on 1.0.

Our system landscape is portal------NW EP 7.01 ehp2 , BP_ERP5MSS 1.51 SP5,BPERPESSWDA 1.50 SP5

R/3----

ECC 6.0 ehp5

IS there any customisation needed for getting leave approval node in mss?

please provide me detailed solution .

Thanks

veeranji

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to check using LPD_CUST MSS NAV, Please refer my replies again

is the note 1618269 implemeted in your system?

can you check

iview parameter 'Application Parameters' to to 'LRF_ARQ_MODE=A' for the Leave Request Approval iview located at

your pcd.

Please verify this and let us know.

you can try lauching this applciation in backend using Se80

paoc_tim_ess_wda

former_member264894
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi siddharth,

I checked the configuration using lpd_cust MSS NAV. here I provide the application parameters LRF_ARQ_MODE=A.

and i added the same application parameter under leave request approval iview in PCD location.

I configured TS21500003 in SWFVISU.

here i provided DYNPARAM#LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}

After doing this config, I checked xml content in uwl config. This also resembles the uwl config in SAP note 1600953. its ok.

I configured applications under SE80. and manager role assigned to user.

when i checked the preview of leave request approval iview in pcd, it shows the error: user does not exist in this period.

and also we are not getting Leave approval node under workset Team.

which config am i missing in this? please suggest me.

Can we able to see leave request approval as standard after installing MSS add-on 1.0?

As per SAP note,the general availability of MSS add-on 1.0 from 22.12.2011

But we are not able to download these components in SMP.

What are pre requisites for installing MSS Add-on 1.0 ? is there any impact for other business packages?

please help me on this .

Thanks

veeranji

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When it says user doesnt exist , assign 0105 infotype to the Employee number ie a user.

Note 1576982 contains on how to install MSS ADD On. Please check it

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry to add on to the end of this thread,but my issue is related. We are using MSS in the Portal not NWBC

We have the MSS add-on installed. I can't see where the POWL is within the MSS role - there does not appear to be a link to the leave request application within the role. I can't see where the MSS (NAV) launchpad is integrated into this role which does not seem to follow the same structure as the new ESS WDA role.

In absence of the POWL I have tried to visualise the leave request within the UWL. However when clicking on the request the web dynpro application is not found.

I have maintained SWFVISU with the parameters suggested above and re-registered the workitems, however this seems to have had no effect on the MSS add-on XML file ie it still says ts12300097 instead of ts2150003.

Am I missing something?

Regards

Claire Walker

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

I have gone back in a tried to re-register again, however getting an error "WebDynproNamespace value not found for task TS21500003 in system SAP_ECC_HumanResources"

After looking at note 1600953, I have tried to manually amend the xml, however my xml appears to have extra items in compared to the example given in the note. Can someone help me in which bits I need to replace, or do I just replace the whole leave request section with the example in the note?

My code for that section appears as follows....

Work item for Approve Leave Request -->

<!-- <ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS12300097" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.OpenTasksTimeApp" defaultAction="launchWebDynPro" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria externalType="TS12300097" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="launchWebDynPro" groupAction="" handler="SAPWebDynproLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" launchNewWindowFeatures="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no">

<Properties>

<Property name="WebDynproApplication" value="LeaveRequestApprover"/>

<Property name="WebDynproDeployableObject" value="sap.com/ess~lea"/>

<Property name="newWindowFeatures" value="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="true"/>

<Property name="display_order_priority" value="5"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default=""/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType> -->

<!-- OBN Navigation -->

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS12300097.SAP_ECC_HumanResources" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="defaultAction" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_ECC_HumanResources" externalType=" TS12300097" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="defaultAction" groupAction="" handler="ObjectNavigationLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="no">

<Properties>

<Property name="Operation" value="approveleaverequest"/>

<!-- <Property name="ObjectValue" value="employee"/> -->

<!-- Parameter associated with OBN being passed -->

<!-- <Property name="DynamicParameter" value="wi_id=${item.externalId}&amp;request_id=${item.externalId}"/> -->

<Property name="ObjectName" value="employee"/>

<Property name="ObjectValue" value="wi_id=${item.externalId}" />

<Property name="System" value="SAP_ERP_HumanResources"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="true"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default="defaultAction"/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

<ItemType name="uwl.forwardedtask.webflow.TS12300097" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.ForwardedTimeApp" defaultAction="viewDetail"/>

<ItemType name="uwl.futuretask.webflow.TS12300097" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.FutureTaskTimeApp" defaultAction="viewDetail"/>

<ItemType name="uwl.completedtask.webflow.TS12300097" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.CompletedTimeApp" defaultAction="viewDetail"/>

Which bits do I need to change as it does not appear to whollly correspond.

Regards

Claire

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Your XML is still incorrect, PLease can you ensure it shows correct task numbers as mentioned in the note which is correctly you said in your reply

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, I know that it is still incorrect as I did not start amending because the text of the XML was different to that in the note. is it just a case of replacing the ts number with the correct one is21500003?

I've manage to find the location of the leave approval iview within the Mss role, although leave details are not showing. I guess that this will be to do with the XML file or the powl set up.

Regards

Claire

former_member575260
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

We are on ecc 6.0 and ehp5 and we are using the same application for the leave approval.

The leave details tab ( where note and leave start date will appear ) while approving the leave request is appearing for regular employees with the details but for contract employees details are not showing.

Can u suggest, where we missed settings.

I am pasting the screenshot of the same.

Thanks,

Sujit Kumar