cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More HANA Client problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have finally managed to connect from HANA Studio to the HANA Database but the Content folder is missing yet the Content folder is shown and I can execute actions within this no problem. Have confirmed it is not a user access issue as the same user connected from another machine with HANA studio on it can see all folders.

The only message that is showing up is a warning "Both 'com.sap.ndb.studio.admin.model' and 'com.sap.ndb.studio.sql.model' register an extension parser for 'interfaces'"

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in case that Catalog is displayed and Content is missing you might be in wrong perspective - in which perspective you are?

By default Administration Console is not displaying Content. You might need to switch to perspective Modeler.

Menu Window / submenu Open Perspective / option Modeler or if missing then Other and then Modeler

Another explanation for missing Content folder might be poor connection. Try to right click on SID and choose Refresh. Does it happen that sometimes it is there and sometimes not?

Tomas

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

also please check SAP HANA Studio log (it can be found in one of following locations):

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\hdbstudio\.metadata\.log
C:\Users\<user>\hdbstudio\.metadata\.log

If you will find there some errors (or warnings) - please paste here the error and text above and below.

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andrew,

I don't know if that's your issue, but as you said you upgraded from patch 12 to patch 21/22, it might very well be. I remember that after some upgrade, I had to re-grant the modeling role to all users. Ask your administrator to execute a

GRANT MODELING TO <your userid>;

and see if that fixes the issue.

--Juergen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I upgraded to the latest available version of SAP Hana Studio and client available at below URL and after that when I restarted SAP HANA Studio the Content folder started showing even on "Administration Console"

https://hanadeveditionsapicl.hana.ondemand.com/hanadevedition/

Regards,

Anuj