cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F110 - An email ID for remittance to vendors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When payment is done through F110, an email should go to the vendor with the payment details

We have a requirement currently to send emails to vendors. I have searched in the forum got enough answers, still I have few more questions regarding the setup .

1. we are currently using classic payment medium and program RFFODEI1 to send the ACH payments to the bank.

Payment file using is DME

Anil

Edited by: Anil Kumar on Dec 14, 2011 8:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Mainak0412
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

These are steps you need to carry out to send email.

Emailing SAP Remittance advice:

For the following process to work SAP Connect needs to be configured for outgoing mail. This is carried out by the Basis team. The t-code is SCOT.

Vendor Master Data

Define ‘Std communication method’ as SMTP (Internet mail) and maintain an email address in the vendor master data.

T-Code BERP – Code to find the relevant BTE. Use the Selection Attribute to browse for your business area. In my case, it is AP-Payment Transactions hence FI-AP-AP-PT.

00002040 is the relevant process. This is a Function called SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040. In this case, the FM only checks for an email address in the Vendor Master. If more logic is required a Z-version would need to be created.

Use t-code FIBF to create the enhancement.

a)

Create a product.

A product groups together customer enhancements to BTE’s developed in the customer's namespace. All customer enhancements assigned to a certain customer product can be released with the Activate Customer Product indicator. The OPEN_FI function module for a certain customer enhancement cannot find the corresponding customer function modules, until this has been done.

Create the product name (for example ZMAIL) and make it active.

FIBF->Settings->Products->…of a Customer

b)

Assign the BTE to the FM:

Settings->Process Modules->…of a customer

Assign the 00002040 process to the FM and Product.

At the end of this process when the payment advice program is run, the event will be called and it will automatically send an email to the vendor.

Assign an email address to the sap user who will be the outgoing accounting clerk. Define the Accounting Clerk for the outgoing email address:

SPRO->FI->AR/AP->Vendor Accounts->Master Data->Preparations for Creating Vendor Master Data->Define Accounting Clerks

Thanks.

Irene

naveen_krishna2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Irene,

Many thanks for configuration steps

I followed same steps and you can see the screen prints I pasted in same thread.

After executing F110 I noticed an entry got created in SOST but it is pulling data of some inspection lot instead of payment advice, not sure from where is it getting that and why.

I am stuck and not sure what to debug and to findout this.

Many thanks for your inputs and it would be great if you can tell which program to check to know how inspection lot thing is pulled in SOST instead of payment advice.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen. Please award points. This link might help you:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1628016

Thanks.

Irene

satendra_sapco
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I have followed the same steps but unable to complete it

Can any one provide full configuration document. it will be easy to understand that how system generating print and connected through email.

Please provide who has completed this configuration.

Thanks

Satendra

naveen_krishna2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Did you find solution for this? I am facing similar situation here.

We implemented BTE2040 and maintained email address in Vendor master.

Assigned variant against RFFOAVIS_FPAYM still not able to generate email in SOST.

Please let me know if you have any solution for this.

Regards,

Krishna

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Give the form within the variant of RFFOAVIS_FPAYM.

It should trigger there nothing much beyond 2040.

Regards,

Ravi

PS: Have you maintained the email in the vendor master (general tab)

former_member184580
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Please check below details.

1. Transaction - FIB F – configure Function module BTE 000002040.

2. The standard Function Module (SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040) will pick the email id from Vendor address tab under communications.

After assigning these 2 settings also not generating emails to SOST.  Then Please check 'other communications' button and make sure that it is having 'INT' (Email).

Still if you have the problem, Please ask abaper to debug the Job created for the print shedule and some times it may be the BASIS issue.

Note that emails will generate only once you perform the 'print schedule'.

Regards,

prasad

naveen_krishna2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad, Many thanks for your valuable information.

Our requirement is to get email id from Accounting clrk's field., for that do we have to do anything special in BTE 2040 function module?

many thanks & regards

former_member184580
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Using accounting clerk field for payment advices is normal business requirement. Since vendor communication email field will be used for the different purposes (Purchasing may use same field).

You can achieve this requirement by copying standard Function Module (SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040) to Z function module and change the field from correspondence to Account clerk internet field (LFB1-INTAD) as a email id.

You can take the abaper help to develop new FM and assign the same FIBF as explained above in thread.

Regards,

Prasad

naveen_krishna2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Many thanks. we followed the same steps but instead of payment medium advice I can see a record for some other thing for inspection lot.

FIBF

1. Products --> Of a Customer

2. Settings --> process module --> Of a Customer

And I have done all other configuration as stated in OSS note and yourself like taking email address from LFB1-INTAD.

Now I can see a record in SOST but it is not payment advice it is pulling something else "Inspection lot"

Note sure why this is triggering instead of payment medium advice. I wanted to debug but not sure which program triggers this to debug.

The only difference I noticed between your steps and mine is I didn't maintain entry in below path.

Settings --> process module-> of an sap application

This table maintainence is a cross client and as per BTE 2040 OSS note they didn't say to maintain an entry here.

Can you please tell me what would be impact if we don't maintain an entry here.

And it would be a great help if you can tell me which program triggers BTE 2040 functional module so that I debug and see why is it pulling "inspection lot" instead of payment advice.

Further to continue, when I ran F110 it created an error see the log below.

Many thanks for your help and inputs.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member184580
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI  Naveen,

Please check the job log(SM37) details which has created for your print schedule. In job log you will find all the details about the program generated advices. Please make sure that nothing generated to spool. If some thing is generating to spool means the bte not assigned correctly.

Please assign BTE and Function module as i suggested and test once.

Please let me know if it is not clear.

Regards,

Prasad

former_member765905
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Please contact your Workflow Consultant, which will done by them. You need share your functional and technical details and he will configure the events accordingly.

Regards,

GK

SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Friend,

Could you explain more on BTE, whether they used for ACH/WIRE/CHECK

what should be the payment methds, payment medium programme etc....

BTE configure steps

can I use BTE "Payment Advice Note" if Yes explain more

Edited by: Anil Kumar on Dec 16, 2011 6:00 AM

former_member318765
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can send pymt advice via email. I see you are using RFFOEDI1. This program generates the Intermediate Documents (IDoc) for payment orders made via EDI. In addition to the payment media, you can output the related advice notes, EDI accompanying sheets and payment summaries in a single program run.

Please see the program documentation of this program RFFOEDI1 under the below section for more information:

"Payment Advice Notes

In addition to being able to print payment advice notes, you can also send these via EDI, fax or email.

2. To send a business partner a payment advice note by fax or email, you must use the process interface 00002040 (Business Transaction Events) to define the selection of the message type (printout, fax or email). Before you can do this, however, you must have carried out the necessary technical (Basis) settings for faxing or sending emails.

Process interface 00002050 can also be used to change or configure the print parameters and the parameters for optical archiving for payment advice notes."

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Rao,

When payment is done through F110, an email should go to the vendor with the payment details

Can you pls let me know any config should be done if Yes, pls tell me the steps. Iam not clear above mail

former_member318765
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

As mentioned above, you would have to use BTE 2040 to achieve your business requirement.

Refer note 836169 about this. Apart from BTE, you would have to maintain the correct comm method and email id in vendor master.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Rao,

I created sample of ZF_F110_PROCESS_00002040, Now what I have to do. I posted FB60, F110 payment method "T"wife transfer. RFFOEDI1.

And also i check in T code SOST, nothing is visible , pls guide me ASAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Rao,

I did payment run through F110 which will trigger the BTE, But the entries are not generted in T code SOST.

Where I did mistake am not able to understand, could you pls tell what should i configure in FBZP - Country/Company code payment medium programme. SAP SCRIPT

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Rao,

In T code FBZP what RFFO* report I have to give when i run F110. The BTE is triggered by this RFFO* report that it can be triggered by F110.