cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Bank Reconciliation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

One of our customers were up to date in doing bank reconcilation using manual reconciliation in B1. Recently, they were upgraded from 2007 to 8.81 PL08. Now, when user tries to reconcile Bank GL Account he sees a difference of $20,000 after selecting all deposits, payments. User compalins there is something wrong after the upgrade. I was not able to find any appropriate information regarding this issue on SAP notes or SDN. Have anyone encountered this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bank Reconciliation using the Manual Reconciliation is External Reconciliation between the transactions in the system(Books) and transactions in the Bank Statement (which is recieved from the Bank).

The user needs to reconcile the transactions on an year to year basic.

The differences can be because of certain things which actually needs to be analysed :

like :

1) Bank Charges/Any other fee like Checkque Book issue, stop payment etc.

2) Bank Interest which is in Bank Statement and not in the books.

3) Any cheque which is cancelled and not done in the system.

There can be lots of other things which could cause the difference. The cross check between the statement and the transactions in the system needs to be performed to find the transaction which is cause of the difference.

Kind Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitin,

I confirmed all possible sceanrios that could cause a difference with customer before posting this thread,i am sorry i should have mentioned. However, when i executed Check and Restore Previous External Reconciliations for bank GL Account lot of transactions displayed in Red . Any idea why?

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any reconciliations displaying in red means that the reconciliation is incorrect.

You can check and confirm the same by checking the window in Online Help(f1) about 'Display Incorrect Reconciliations Only'

May be the issue is coming because of these reconciliations in the system.

You have to test the thing in the COPY of the database in Test Enviorment. To open the incorrect reconciliation you have to click on the Open Incorrect Only. make sure that you do not click on 'Open All' as the step is IRREVERSIBLE.

Check in the COPY for the outcome.

KInd Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have they confirmed that the starting balance was the same as their previous ending balance?

Which patch of 2007 did you move from. I remember an issue when upgrading a customer some time ago with the opening bank balances corrupting.

Have a look at note 1339525 to see if it might affect you