cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT on sandbox Hana server 01- possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Is it possible to test SLT or BODS on Hanasvr-01 ( provided as sandbox access by SAP)? If so, can you please let me know how to use it ?

If not, can you point me to some documentation of using SLT/BODS 4.0.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (19)

Answers (19)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please count meeeeeeeeee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please enable my user id as well to do SLT?

Thanks

Yogee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Count me !

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

count my vote please. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Count my vote too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Please count my vote for SLT and BODS on HANA sandbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Please count my vote for SLT and BODS on HANA sandbox

ashwani_tomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Count me as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

count me as well...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please count me in... thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even better would be a simplified HANA version that could be downloaded and installed for evaluation and learning purposes. That would actually make it possible for anyone to act as admin in their own environment and be able to explore and play around with HANA in ways that the current Sandbox just cannot allow.

It's also less costly and troublesome for SAP compared to having to maintain a centralized and nevertheless limited sandbox by themselves. Not ideal for SAP, not good for customers as it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

count me in

Former Member
0 Kudos

My vote for this. Please get it soon .

gokul_radhakrishnan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Count me in too!

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

i guess Moderator can now try thinking of implementing the same lot of people have already voted on the same

0 Kudos

Pls include my vote also for this. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Count me in!

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my vote too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Count my vote too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my vote to SLT and BODS on the HANA Sandbox. Hoping to get these functionalities before my access expires.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Count my vote.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have my vote!

murali_balreddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Count me in too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please consider my vote as well for enabling data provisioning in HANASVR-01 using SLT and Data Services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Hope, the response for the HANA Provisioning on Sandbox meets the number we needed from the forum. Could you please take this request forward and do the needful so the developer community will be helpful.

thanks for understanding,

Tilak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please connect SLT and BODS with Sandbox. I would like to vote for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HANA_FOLLOWER,

At the Moment, neither SLT nor Data Services are configured in the Developer Center HANA systems. We have mentioned it several times, and I repeat it again: we can add replication to our sandbox systems if the community demands it. So reply to this thread if you are interested in trying SLT or DS - if enough users want it, we'll add it. How many are "enough"? Hard to say, but I would hope for at least 5% of active users. As of now, this would mean about 25-30 votes...

Regarding documentation: the [SLT installation guide|https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000604912011] on [http://help.sap.com/hana] contains some information on how to use SLT with HANA in chapter 5. And for data services, just use the normal DS documentation, e.g. the [DS admin guide|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_ds_admin_en.pdf] - for DS users, HANA is just another ODBC data source.

hth

--Juergen

Edited by: Juergen Schmerder on Dec 19, 2011 3:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am voting for it. SLT and BODS on HANA sandbox will give a good mileage to the developers community.

Thanks,

Tilak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please count me in

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more vote is here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Count me in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to do it. Please count my vote. But I am on Server-02....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please count my vote for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Freinds, Welcome to a brand new Happy New ANalytics Year 2012 .

Out of ~700 HANA sandbox developement center users, only 14 odd have voted for it. SAP needs some what more.

Let's spread this message to all across the HANA developers and ask them to vote.

thanks,

Tilak

rajkumar_kandula
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You Can count me too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls include my vote also for this. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Please count my vote for SLT & BODS connectivity.

On a general note, either SLT or BODS will be key components for practically all SAP customer considering HANA so developers really need a connected system to get most value from the environment.

Every HANA developer could only strongly want this.. lack of votes is a reflection of cultural inertia rather than antipathy!

Best regards,

Imran

murali_balreddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Is it possible to get the SLT access before everyone's sandbox trial period is over?

Thanks,

Murali

0 Kudos

Count me in also.

We need it on all the sandbox servers before the access expires. Will the access be extended?

0 Kudos

Sorry for the duplicate posting but I am replying now to Juergen's post.

Count me in also.

We need it on all the sandbox servers before the access expires. Will the access be extended?

Former Member
0 Kudos

count my vote too

server 03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen my friend, I think we have got more than 20 votes to enable the SLT and BODS replication. My access will expire in another 4 days and I am sure this is more or less the case with most of us.

Is there any chance of configuring Data provisioning anytime soon ? Please let us know.

former_member321557
Participant
0 Kudos

Please count me for SLT or DS on hanasvr-01.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Count me in!!

Server:03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please count my vote.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I vote yes, my server is hanasvr-03, and I would like to know if we have an estimated date of having this available (or, if we still need more people to vote in order to have it)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please include me too

SLT and BODS on HANA sandbox will give a good mileage to the developers community

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I want to give you a status update regarding SLT and BODS on the Developer Center systems:

- We are starting to experiment with Data Services for a small subset of the Developer Center users - the [SAP HANA InnoJam Online|http://sapinnojam.com] participants. If we feel that Data Services can be scaled to hundreds or even thousands of users in our landscape, we'll make if available for the entire community. It will take us a few weeks to make the decision. All Developer Center users who have responded on this thread (until now, of course) will get access for 30 days, even when their trial period has expired.

- We have no immediate plans to put SLT into the Developer Center landscape, but will probably do a test drive later this year for a small subset of users. The additional costs and administration efforts (it's hard to keep it stable when hundreds of users have control over what's being replicated and it's lame if you cannot control it) have been considered too high for now.

- To give you some ECC data to play with, we loaded several ECC tables into schema ECC6 on all Developer Center systems. All users have full read/write authorizations to the data. If you need more tables, please open another thread.

cheers

--Juergen

gokul_radhakrishnan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Juergen. That will definitely help us

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I am using sever 02. I could find ECC6 schema, there are around 42 tables. But none of the table contains data. I tried open contents, data preview but no data available. Can we have some sample data there, or should we insert our own data?

Regards,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

The data was indeed missing on hanasvr-02. I re-imported the tables and now the data is showing

--Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please include me in the list.

Regards,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would love to experiment/test with the DataServices part!

I vote for this!!

Cant wait for it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I vote yes, my server is hanasvr-01, and I would like to know if we have an estimated date of having SLT and BODS available.

Thanks and Regards,

Chitrarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I vote Yes too.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Apologies for dragging up an old thread.  Given the weighting of data provisioning in Hana certification (C_HANAIMP131/141) access to data provisioning tools (SLT, DS) would be very beneficial to candidates aiming for certification but who have current limited or no access to these tools.

Any possibility this could be picked up?

Many thanks.

EDIT - I also put question here , perhaps more current relevance?