cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction VTFL - Setting reference number copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus, Are there any disadvantages or negative impacts to the system if I set the Reference Number field in copy control for delivery --> billing document, from blank to 'B' for sales order. The only thing that I see that it does is replace the billing document with the sales order number in the reference field in the header of the billing document.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

as far as i know - there is no impact.

use "B" and enjoy.

good luck!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All good and useful answers - thankyou very much. Regards, Jacque

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no negative impact as this field in not used for any other sub tasks other than passing down to FI accounting document. If you're changing this field to "Sales order number" please check with your FI consultant on the impact of FI side as the "Reference field" value in the accounting document will also changed to "Sales order number"

Other than that, no impact.

Best regards,

Rahal

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There are no disadvantages in the system if you set the reference feild to B (sales order).If you keep the reference number as A

i.e., the sales order then you can see the reference sales order number in the FI Document also which will be helpful to fetch the data for FI Consultants also.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JacquelineTorney,

As per my knowledge their will be no disadvantage. If the customer wants to view the sales order no in accounting document you assign B in Reference & Assignment no field in VTFL .Now you can view the reference document sales order number in your accounting document.

Let me know if your problem is solved

Regards

Pradeep