cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Shipment document using VT04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know if a shipment document can be modified using VT04 (RV56TRGN)?

The requirement is to add deliveries to an existing SD rather than create a new SD. The FM used SD_SHIPMENT_POPULATE_DOCUMENT doesn't take the I_TKNUM (SD num) as it is an optional paramter and thus creates a new SD.

I have tried modifying the internal tables VTTK, VTTP, VTRLK, VTRLP and VTTS in the user exit EXIT_SAPLV56M_003, but doesn't work.

The BADI (BADI_LE_SHIPMENT) for VT04 is called at the very end of the program and isn't helpful as we need to call the FM SD_DELIVERY_ASSIGN_TO_SHIPMENT again in case of either the BADI or the user exit.

Is there any other way of modifying the SD using VT04? I'm just pass the delivery num & the shipping point in the selection variant of VT04 as inputs and nothing else, is there any other parameter that I need to populate if I need to achieve this functionality?

Implicit enhancements work in this case, but definitely not a recommended approach I reckon.

Regards,

Narendra.

Edited by: Narendra Daka on Dec 19, 2011 4:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created a couple of Implicit enhancements for this requirement. One was in the program RV56TRGN & the other in the FM: SD_SHIPMENT_POPULATE_DOCUMENT to populate the shipment header and pass the SD num to the parameter I_TKNUM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any thoughts Experts??

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Whats your grouping condition for the deliveries?

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for responding!

The grouping criteria is currently based on Shipping point and the route code. But more than that, I would like to know if VT04 can acutally handle reusing an existing Shipment document rather than creating a new one in its AS-IS condition.

If custom code is to be built in, I was partly successful plugging code in the user exit: EXIT_SAPLV56M_003, but I had to use a commit inside the exit. I do not think this is a recommended approach, but wasn't able to breakthrough without this.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an exit EXIT_SAPLV56M_002 for collective process of shipments.

In this exit we can combine or split the deliveries in to shipment based on our requirement. This exit was triggered after the standard grouping criteria's are completed (Weight, Volume and Max.no of deliveries). So we can use this exit.

Thanks,

Omkaram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omkaram,

The exit 002 that you have specified has only VTTP and other split sort criteria available. Here we wouldn't even have VTTK, I would need this as I need to assign the deliveries to an existing SD rather than creating a new one. Even if C_VTTP is populated with an existing SD, this would later be ignored when the FM SD_SHIPMENT_POPULATE_DOCUMENT is called as the I_TKNUM paramter that we would need is optional.

Can you let me know how this exit might help in my case? I did give it a thought and then decided against that. I'm currently contemplating the option of adding the code in exit 003 instead.

Regards,

Narendra.