Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Testdrive SAP NetWeaver 7.02 on DB2 LUW now available in SAP Shop

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You can find the DB6 based NW7.02 (SP09) Testdrive in www.sap.com/shop -> Knowledge Shop -> Documentation -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver, material number is 50108304. Don't let yourself get fooled by the currently misleading description, 50108304 is the DB2 LUW based version. I will have that corrected. If you don't have a 64bit Linux system, you can download SLES11 VM at http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=x1e9uCQ4074~ run the virtual machine, e. g., with VMware Player.

Have fun

Manfred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

has anybody found Testdrive based on DB2 (DB6) ?

Thanks.

BR,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Download of  SLES_11_SP1_SAP_Testdrive-1.0.13.tar.bz2 seems to be broken, could you SAP employees provide a new one or report this to SAP - Novell !?

former_member184682
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred

Currently the layout of www.sap.com/shop is changed and i CANNOT find the path Knowledge Shop  --> Documentation --> SAP Netweaver

Can you please share the location as per the new /shop layout

Many thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same to me - is there another way to the get the testdrive with DB2?

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You are missing the SAP part, just go to SAP shop and order your Testdrive, see my initial post on where to find the DB2 version.

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manfred,

Thanks for your quick reply, I have requested the CD for DB2 via SAP Shop, anyway I was expecting to have the user/password information in order to connect to OS with the image I just downloaded from the link that you shared from Novell, I wasn't able to find the users.txt so I can not connect to it and then proceed with the installation once I have the media for DB2 available.

Thanks and kind regards,

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ulysees

Thanks for letting me know. I take care that Suse will provide the users.txt file, still a bit reluctant to post the info directly in this thread. But some colleagues did that work for me, you can check http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/40cc99a8-c0d0-2e10-4d83-c5aad873599f for an instruction. There is a detailed How-To available on this page, which hast the root user passsword on page 10.

Manfred

Edited by: Manfred Stein on Jan 16, 2012 1:25 PM

Edited by: Manfred Stein on Jan 16, 2012 1:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manfred,

I appreciate your kind support on this, I just want to let you know I was able to successfully install and startup a trial version of DB2 for Linux by ordering the 50108304 via SAP Shop, It is actually running pretty good on an Open Suse Linux 11.

Thanks for all your help,

Kind regards

PR, UG

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Ulysees

Thanks for letting us know that you have been successful, very much appreciated

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manfred

I was able to get the DVD from Shop and install it under a virtualbox REHL6.2 system.

This is the LINUX/MAXDB version.

Thanks for the new version and also for hosting the SAP on Linux conference call the other day.

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I assume you downloaded the MaxDB version. When you mount the ISO you will find a Readme in the root directory, it has all the required info.

I hope this helps

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

I basically downloaded the trial that is available under the following URL

http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=x1e9uCQ4074~

I decompressed the archive (SLES_11_SP1_SAP_Testdrive-1.0.13.tar.bz2), but I don't find any ISO file, could you please let me know if do I need to download any additional one? Could you please share me what is the URL?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manfred,

I also downladed the fine but I'm not able to connect, could you please tell us what are the user/password details for it?

I don't see the users.txt file included in the compressed file.

Thanks and kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manfred,

I recently downloaded the media but not sure how should I proceed with the installation? Could you please let us know how can we install the trial?

Thanks and best regard

Rob