cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#Unavailable in WEBI Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get the error #unavailable in Webi (BO 4.0) and do not know what to do. I create a variable to generate the quarters. For this I use IF statements. Once created, I would like to add that variable and use the function "Insert Section". Then it showed me the quarters with the corresponding months(For Example: Q1= Jan 2011, Feb 2011, Mar 2011....). But it shows in the measure columns "#unavailable". I use for this report a bex query. Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this #unavailabel issue is not solved completely. It is caused by different factors and even with the latest version it might turn up. Following advices might reduce the chance of this problem:

- using the latest patch

- turn of query stripping

- reducing the complexity of webI key-figures

- using different webi key-figure calculation

• Using a formula that may induce aggregation.
  • Filtering on a dimension which is not in the dimension context of the smart measure (i.e. not in block).
  • Applying a filter on a smart measure AND on a dimension in the dimensional context of the smart measure.
  • Aggregating (or delegating) filtered data.
  • Using the OR operator in nested filters.

- checking the BEx query for clear restrictions in the key figure selection (that means even restrictions which normally should not cause any errors)

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I had a similar problem...

SAP Note 1603634 solved my problem.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Kathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had posted the same to SAP support. This is the reply that I had received - possible scenarios and workarounds.

Sent by SAP

-

Cause

u2022 This behaviour is by design.

#UNAVAILABLE appears when it is not possible to calculate the value of a smart measure because it is managed by the back-end - database-delegated.

The caveats to using smart measures that will cause the #UNAVAILABLE error can be summarized as follows:

1. Using a formula that may induce aggregation.

2. Filtering on a dimension which is not in the dimension context of the smart measure (i.e. not in block).

3. Applying a filter on a smart measure AND on a dimension in the dimensional context of the smart measure.

4. Aggregating (or delegating) filtered data.

5. Using the OR operator in nested filters.

Edited by: videep on Dec 23, 2011 2:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of Reports based on Bex queries the work around is not given in the SAP Note.

Is there any possible work around for Reports based on Bex Queries?

Thanks,

Anu

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the type of measures objects from database delegate to sum and then try.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 1603634 resolved the issue.

Thanks

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek, where can I find the workarounds? I can't find it in the OSS Note -

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Regards, Chard

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is an old thread however the workarounds are listed in each of the sections, because there are multiple causes you need specific workarounds. Quoting the KBa:

Resolution

See individual entries for possible workarounds.

Please note: some of the workarounds suggested might not work depending on the complexity of the data manipulation within the Web Intelligence report.

If you still experience the problem after implementing hte workaround please provide details in a new discussion

Thanks!

Simone Caneparo

SCN Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

I'm also facing similar issues and my report is on top of BEX. Can you explain what is there in SAP Note 1603634?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

#UNAVAILABLE appears when it is not possible to calculate the value of a smart measure because it is managed by the back-end - database-delegated. Smart measuresu201D are measures whose values are calculated by the database (relational or OLAP) on which a universe is based. They differ from classic measures, which are calculated from the detailed values returned by the database

Kindly refer SAP Note 1606502 for more details on this; let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Nakul Mehta