cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching SAP JVM on NW 7.00 and 7.01 - Documentation required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

As per PAM, SAP JVM is supported for NW 7.0 and 7.01.

I cannot find a procedure to *patch* SAP JVM for these versions. As per note: 1025085 - How to manually patch the SAP JVM

The only supported procedure is using JSPM. But there's no procedure for NW 7.00 or 7.01 as per the note.

I've tried copying the corresponding SAR file into the JSPM inbox according to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/06/2dc545743a4f98950eec3f33ee4027/content.htm

• This procedure is not for 7.00 nor 7.01***

But JSPM doesn't recognize the patch.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

For 7.0 you have to follow note 1611326 and patch it manually.

Kind regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Blanca! It seems that there is no possibility to use JSPM for these versions yet.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego, i am experiencing the same situation as you had 3 years ago. Still no easy way to find out how to do 7.0. Not sure the SUM tool was out yet in 2011. I found out that the SUM can reconize the patch and hope it will work.

Regards,

kev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

For NW7.0 and 7.01 SAP JVM is available via switch. Please, see the following blog:

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Please read the informative and great blog from Tom Cenans.

There is a switchtool available which is basically a SAPinst installer that does the work for you. So after the installation of**your AS Java instance (even works for 6.40) you can run the SAPJVM Switchtool and that SAPinst will then automatically install SAPJVM 4.1 (just keep the kernel directory space in mind) and configure your AS Java instance parameter wise.

Basically, you just need to download the switch tool and let it does the work for you.

Reference::

Note 1665953 - SAP JVM Switch Tool Composite Note

Note 1597982 - Release Information for SAP JVM 4.1 and SAP JVM Switch Tool

Note 1555341 - Downloading SAP JVM Switch Tool and SAPJVM 4

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the replies.

The point is, I've already installed SAP JVM SP12 using the switch tool and it works fine. But I want to install the newest patch (SP14) and there's no official documentation about how to do that. JSPM version is in the latest patch for the stack 7.01.8.1.

Probably copying and replacing the old JVM files with the new ones will work, but I want to use JSPM or I want to know if there's a document that describes the PATCH (Note that I want to install an SP, not to switch from partner to SAP JVM) procedure for SAP JVM on NW 7.01 and 7.00.

Cheers,

Diego.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Sorry for misinterpret your question. You can refer to Note 1133020 - How to import a SAP JVM patch into an AS Java.

Basically, you can import via "single support packages"

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nicholas.

Yes, I've already checked this note. But if you read it carefully you'll understand that there's no procedure for 7.00 and 7.01.

As I said before I tried importing using JSPM, but the patch isn't recognized by JSPM.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Did you follow the exact procedure as per help.sap.com link?

Try upgrading your JSPM to the latest level first and then try again.

Award points if useful.

Thanks,

Ravi