cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Appraisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have created my appraisal template and carried out all necessary configurations under "settings for performance management" in spro. But the Iview for appraisal in ESS still doesn't work, all i get is a blank page with error" page not found".

Can anyone give me an idea what I am doing wrong please.

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you can active 'Appraisal Documents' link to the Flexible

webdynpro application in tcode lpd_cust.

You can activate it selecting 'set enabled' in this wd application when

you click in right mouse button, please check the transaction

ie

, when using the report launchpad in ESS and navigating

via OBN with POWL it is required to set the parameter "User Set

of Roles" for the according launchpad Role/Instance (in this case

HAP/HAP_GENERIC UI).

We kindly recommend you to check next KBA where you can find further

information about the portal configuration:

-1600380 Appraisal Document does not open in portal

Please check this note carefully and ensure that all relevant notes are

applied in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The parameters in LPD_CUST are active and have navigation mode as EXT_HEAD. However I still have the same error. We are implementing EHP5, which means ESS runs on NWBC. Below is the error I get when I try to call up the appraisal form:

Error while processing your query

What has happened?

The URL call http://<url>8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hap_a_pmp_main was terminated because of an error.

Note

The following error occurred in system XXX : The ASSERT condition was violated.

The error occurred on application server <server>00 and in work process 7 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: GET_OBJECT_INSTANCE of program CL_HRBAS_PD_OBJECT_ADMIN======CP

Method: GET_OBJECT_INSTANCE of program CL_HAP_PMP_DOC_ORG_GOAL=======CP

Method: ORG_GOAL_EXISTS of program CL_HAP_PMP_DOC_ORG_GOAL=======CP

Method: IF_HAP_PMP_GOAL~EXISTS of program CL_HAP_PMP_DOC_ORG_GOAL=======CP

Method: IF_HAP_PMP_GOAL_INTERNAL~EXISTS of program CL_HAP_PMP_DOC_ORG_GOAL=======CP

Method: GET_GOAL of program CL_HAP_PMP_DOC_MGR_INTERNAL===CP

What can I do?

If the termination type is RABAX_STATE, you will find more information on the cause of termination in system XXX in transaction ST22.

If the termination type is ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE, you will find more information on the cause of termination on the application server XXXX_00 in transaction SM21.

If the termination type is ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE, you can search for further information in the trace file for the work process 7 in transaction ST11 on the application server. SFQSAP_SFQ_00 . You may also need to analyze the trace files of other work processes.

If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system adminmistrator.

Error Code: ICF-IE-http -c: 300 -u: XXXX -l: E -s: SFQ -i: XXXX_00 -w: 7 -d: 20120221 -t: 154143 -v: RABAX_STATE -e: ASSERTION_FAILED -X: 3CD92B0447161ED19793452E7A18E0B7_3CD92B0447161ED19793452CFD3960B7_1 -x: 299A5CE1D073F1CD80B73CD92B044716

HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

Any ideas please?

Cheers

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you launch direclty from se80 and see if it works without NWBC?

have you assigned the correct roles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uduak,

Did you configure the flexible or the predefined template? From the error it looks like it's the predefined. Is this correct?

As Siddharth said, it could be an authorization problem. Have you tried when assigning the SAP_ALL profile to your test user?

Kr,

Julien

Edited by: Julien Tuerlinckx on Feb 22, 2012 11:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth and Julien,

I have checked and all roles and authorizations have been assigned including sap_all.

Julien, you are right I configured the predefined template. Is this the cause of the error? Any ideas what to do to clear this please?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the structural authorizations as well (table T77UA for the assignment of structural profiles to users and table T77PR for the definition of the structural profiles)? It seems like the error is linked to the organizational goal objects, so it might be a structural auth problem imho.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the authorizations, and some of them are listed below:

O

TB

C

FN

JF

Q

CP

S

P

VA

VB

VC

VE

VH

VJ

NF

TB

am i missing any?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems OK but maybe the range of objects is restricted by a function module or an evaluation path? Maybe the best way to be sure this is not a structural auth problem is that you assign all the authorizations to your test user (in table t77ua, give the "ALL" profile to your user).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Sorry for the delay in replying your last post.

The user does have the "ALL" profile assigned already yet the error persists.

Any suggestions please?

Cheers

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you take a ST01 trace for the user and verify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uduak,

Can you let us know the steps to reproduce the error?

- So you created a form with the manager role for the employee, and there you don't receive the error

- Then, when you log in as the employee, you receive the error?

Is the form filled in with any objective and/or corportate goal/core value when the employee is opening it? Do you have the error with all your employees or only with 1 user?

Thanks!

Julien

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth ,

In EHP5 , when we open the appraisal document we get page not found error.I have referred the sap note 1600380 but those stepas are related to EHP4.Any idea what configuration should be done in EHP5?

Regards,

Navya .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

We are on EHP7 and facing the Portal runtime error while trying to access the Appraisal document.

The error comes when we click on the Appraisal document listed in the table.

As you've rightly mentioned, SAP Note 1600380 is relevant to EHP 4 and thus it's not useful in my case.

Can you please let me know if you were able to solve the issue.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, We were able to solve the issue. We faced this issue in EHP 6 .

In my case the issue was due to missing business object. As a solution, I had added the missing business object in page as as shown in screen shot below.

Make sure the LPD_CUST entries are as shown in screen-shot below:

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I just compared the entries in LPD_CUST and they are fine.

However, I am getting the below screen when I am trying to access the OBN property of the Appraisal Document Page.

Please suggest how to manage missing business object operations.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In portal content management locate Business objects folder . Business Objects -> ERP Common Parts ->Employee. Locate the missing object-> Right click on the object and add it to the page as shown in screen-shot below.

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I am not able to find the Employee folder under the specified path and hence I am unable to add the missing business object to the page.

Please find below the screenshot for your reference.

Am I missing some Business Package here or some other component that needs to be installed on Portal because of which Employee folder is not appearing under the Business Objects.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check if  business package ERP05 Common Parts Version 1.51 is implemented in your environment. Check with your basis consultant.

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Business package ERP05 Common Parts Version 1.61 is implemented in our environment.

Please find below the screenshot for your reference.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly make sure the components displayed in the screen-shot below is implemented in your environment. If required re deploy the business packages and then check. This should resolve the issue of missing business objects

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

The deployment of SP06 for BP_ERP5COM 1.61 has resolved the issue of missing business object "Employee".

PFB the screenshot below.

However, I am still facing the portal runtime error while accessing the Appraisal document. Even the Iview preview is not working.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with end user id having appropriate authorization .

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I've been testing with the end user id only to access the appraisal document for which I've been getting the runtime error.

I also assigned the content admin role to the end user id and tried to preview the Iview for appraisal document but still I am getting the preview error:

The Web Dynpro application was called up with the wrong URL parameters.

Note

Enter the URL parameters and their use.

You can find more information on the functions that you can perform in the catalog for appraisal templates in the Implementation Guide (IMG) for Objective Setting and Appraisals under Edit Forms.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do you still get the portal exception? Can you check the logs for the exception id?

In LPD_CUST , for role HAP Instance HAP_Generic_UI make sure the system alias in SAP_ERP_HumanResources for OBN based employee documents.

In the iview  for  appraisal document what is the application name and application parameters?

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Yes, I am still getting the portal exception.

PFB the screenshot for the NWA error log for the portal exception:

PFB the screenshot for LPD_CUST Tx for role HAP Instance HAP_Generic_UI.

System alias is SAP_ERP_HumanResources for OBN based employee documents.

PFB the screenshot for Appraisal Document Iview application name and app parameters:

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that SAP predefined appraisal document page and iview is in visible state. If possible send screenshot of your ESS role. I had configured it for EHP 6. Probably some additional settings might be required for EHP 7.Probably Siddharth Rajora  might know settings to be done for EHP 7.

Check out this link : http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(MID)com.sap.ep.obn.000008

Isn't there detailed error for the portal exception id in NWA logs?

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Thanks for all the support so far!!!

I am sending you the screenshot of ESS role.

I checked out the link : http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(MID)com.sap.ep.obn.000008

But I couldn't find the folowing path to enable detailed error messages for OBN:

Web Dynpro Test Tools --> Web Dynpro Page Builder-Based Content --> OBN Test Tools with WD Page Builder --> OBN Report

In the Default trace from the server, I could find the below error chain:

com.sap.ep.obn.000008#EP-PIN-OBN#sap.com/com.sap.portal.obn.core#C000C0A8027A07570000000600001CEE#7684250000000004#sap.com/com.sap.portal.navigation.contentarea#com.sap.portal.obn.service.repository.searchcontext.adapter.OBNBusinessObjectAdapter#7600#1009##052D49FC125211E4C3B700000075409A#10f8a1f1125211e4957500000075409a#10f8a1f1125211e4957500000075409a#0#Thread[HTTP Worker [@1286516539],5,Dedicated_Application_Thread]#Plain##

Refer to message ID: com.sap.ep.obn.008#

#2.0 #2014 07 23 14:14:09:470#+0400#Error#/Applications#

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure you are using EHP 7 role fro ESS?

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

We're on release 607 SP - Level 22.

BTW, can you find the following path under System Administration--> Support:

Web Dynpro Test Tools --> Web Dynpro Page Builder-Based Content --> OBN Test Tools with WD Page Builder --> OBN Report.

I can't find the above path.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Copy of Employee Self-Service (com.sap.pct.erp.ess.wda.Employee_Self_Service_WDA) standard role has already been provided to the end users.

There is something else which I'm missing and which has been creating the issue.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the launchpad menu, do following steps.

1. In Edit mode, choose  Extras  General Settings  .
  2. Under OBN Navigation Mode, select User Set of Roles.

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Can you please provide the screenshots as I am unable to locate  Extras  General Settings

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Thanks a lot for all the help!!!

The issue has been resolved after selecting User Set of Roles under OBN Navigation Mode for HAP Instance: HAP_GENERIC_UI

Regards,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Finally...

former_member215511
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

thanks for your post but I am unable to add the business object to appraisal document page under ess role.

when ever i click on "Add operation to target" it is adding.but when close the role and reopen it again where am unable to see that added object.

i am getting the following error.

The Web Dynpro application was called up with the wrong URL parameters.

Note

Enter the URL parameters and their use.

You can find more information on the functions that you can perform in the catalog for appraisal templates in the Implementation Guide (IMG) forObjective Setting and Appraisals under Edit Forms.

Please suggest me how can i rectify this issue.

Regards,

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you have done configurations in portal. Please find the below document link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20faaa02-7521-2e10-d598-8b03c91c4...

Thanks,

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All my configs have checked out. We are on EHP 5, so ESS is on NWBC not portal.

Any clues please.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check the below notes

Note 1468466

and 1463821

make sure correct url of pcd is maintained for these resources

EMPLOYEE_CAREER_APPRAISAL_WD_UI_14

EMPLOYEE_CAREER_APPRAISAL_PMP_14.