cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during phase MAIN_SHDRUN/ACT_UPG during EHP5 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This forum has been of great help to me with just searching for my issue before but this time I can not find any posts with a similar issue so hoping someone can help please.

Currently upgrading to EHP5 and so far everything has been as expected or not too much of an issue.

The phase ACT_UPG ran for about 10 hours before showing an error as follows

Checks after phase MAIN_SHDRUN/ACT_UPG were negative!

Last error code set: Detected 339 errors summarizes in 'ACTUPG.ELG'

Check logfiles 'ACTUPG.ELG' and 'SAPehpi.ECO'

We have checked these files and they show the following :

ACTUPG.ELG as follows:-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DDIC ACTIVATION ERRORS and RETURN CODE in SAPA-701DDINSAPBASIS.LRG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1EEDO519 "Srch Help" "H_5ITCN" could not be activated

1EEDO519 "Srch Help" "H_5ITTT" could not be activated

1 ETP111 exit code : "8"

These are mentioned in OSS note 1243014 so are happy to ignore and skip those.

SAPehpi.ECO as follows:-

1. Phase ACT_UPG:

BLOCKED SIGNALS: ''

SAPehpi> Starting subprocess 938652 at 20111221080824

ENV: CLASSPATH=:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/java/db2java.zip:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/java/runtime.zip:.:/home/db2lrg/sqllib

/java/db2java.zip:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/java/runtime.zip:.

ENV: DB2DBDFT=LRG

ENV: DB2INSTANCE=db2lrg

ENV: DIR_LIBRARY=/tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe

ENV: JAVA_HOME=/usr/java6_64

ENV: LIBPATH=/tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe:/tempREG/EHPI/jvm/jre/lib/ppc64/server:/tempREG/EHPI/jvm/jre/lib/ppc64:/tem

pREG/EHPI/jvm/jre/../lib/ppc64:/tempREG/EHPI/jvm/jre/lib/ppc64/jli:/tempREG/EHPI/jvm/jre/../lib/ppc64/jli:/home

/db2lrg/sqllib/adsm:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/adsm:/opt/CA/SharedComponents/lib:/usr/sap/LRG/SYS/exe/run

ENV: PATH=/tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe:/home/db2db2lg/sqllib/adsm:/home/db2db2lg/sqllib/adsm:/usr/java6_64/bin:.:/hom

e/lrgadm:/usr/sap/LRG/SYS/exe/run:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java14/jre/bin:/usr/

java14/bin:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/bin:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/adm:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/misc

ENV: SAPSYSTEMNAME=LRG

ENV: auth_shadow_upgrade=1

ENV: dbms_type=db6

ENV: dbs_db6_schema=SAPR3

EXECUTING /tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe/tp (/tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe/tp) pf=/tempREG/EHPI/abap/bin/ACTUPG.TPP put LRG

This is /tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe/tp version 380.03.41 (release 720, unicode enabled)

Warning: Parameter INTERRUPT is no longer used.

Warning: Parameter DAYLIGHT_SHUTDOWN is no longer used.

Warning: Parameter WITH_TACOB is no longer used.

Warning: Parameter IMPDP_BY_EVENT is no longer used.

Looking for effective putsteps ... ... ready (looking for putsteps)

tp returncode summary:

TOOLS: Highest return code of single steps was: 8

WARNS: Highest tp internal warning was: 0110

tp finished with return code: 8

meaning:

A tool used by tp produced errors

Process with ID 938652 terminated with status 8

We have looked in other log files etc and see no sign of the other 300+ errors it mentions.

We have chosen action Repeat phase MAIN_SHDRUN/ACT_UPG to continue at the point stopped but it just keeps coming back to the same screen after a few minutes.

We have also chosen Accept non-severe errors and repeat phase MAIN_SHDRUN/ACTUPG but this also runs for a few minutes and returns to the same error screen.

We appear to be stuck in a loop until it thinks we have found and corrected these 300+ errors that we can't find.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Try Updating your R3Trans & TP Program to the latest one for your Shadow Instance and see if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Kaleem I have upgraded R3trans and TP to the newest version but still have the same errors.

You can see I am using a newer version in the log file below.

1. Phase ACT_UPG:

BLOCKED SIGNALS: ''

SAPehpi> Starting subprocess 987736 at 20111221113205

ENV: CLASSPATH=:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/java/db2java.zip:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/java/runtime.zip:.:/home/db2lrg/sqllib

/java/db2java.zip:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/java/runtime.zip:.

ENV: DB2DBDFT=LRG

ENV: DB2INSTANCE=db2lrg

ENV: DIR_LIBRARY=/tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe

ENV: JAVA_HOME=/usr/java6_64

ENV: LIBPATH=/tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe:/tempREG/EHPI/jvm/jre/lib/ppc64/server:/tempREG/EHPI/jvm/jre/lib/ppc64:/tem

pREG/EHPI/jvm/jre/../lib/ppc64:/tempREG/EHPI/jvm/jre/lib/ppc64/jli:/tempREG/EHPI/jvm/jre/../lib/ppc64/jli:/home

/db2lrg/sqllib/adsm:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/adsm:/opt/CA/SharedComponents/lib:/usr/sap/LRG/SYS/exe/run

ENV: PATH=/tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe:/home/db2db2lg/sqllib/adsm:/home/db2db2lg/sqllib/adsm:/usr/java6_64/bin:.:/hom

e/lrgadm:/usr/sap/LRG/SYS/exe/run:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java14/jre/bin:/usr/

java14/bin:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/bin:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/adm:/home/db2lrg/sqllib/misc

ENV: SAPSYSTEMNAME=LRG

ENV: auth_shadow_upgrade=1

ENV: dbms_type=db6

ENV: dbs_db6_schema=SAPR3

EXECUTING /tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe/tp (/tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe/tp) pf=/tempREG/EHPI/abap/bin/ACTUPG.TPP put LRG

This is /tempREG/EHPI/abap/exe/tp version 380.03.50 (release 720, unicode enabled)

Looking for effective putsteps ... ... ready (looking for putsteps)

tp returncode summary:

TOOLS: Highest return code of single steps was: 8

WARNS: Highest tp internal warning was: 0110

tp finished with return code: 8

meaning:

A tool used by tp produced errors

Process with ID 987736 terminated with status 8

The ACTUPG.ELG is as it was before with the same 2 errors.

Sunny - I have tried the skip errors option but it still returns the same error every time.

Edited by: Mark Richardson on Dec 21, 2011 12:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

about the activation error, please check out following thread:

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks kaleem Baig,

Error got resolve after Updating the  R3Trans & TP Program to the latest one in Shadow Instance and its work.

Regards

Bhushan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What option you are choosing from upgrade tool when it throws this error ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned in my original message we have tried both options.

We have chosen action Repeat phase MAIN_SHDRUN/ACT_UPG to continue at the point stopped but it just keeps coming back to the same screen after a few minutes.

We have also chosen Accept non-severe errors and repeat phase MAIN_SHDRUN/ACTUPG but this also runs for a few minutes and returns to the same error screen.

The only one we have not tried is Initialize phase MAIN_SHDRUN/ACT_UPG to restart it from the beginning.

The other option is Exit.

We have not chosen the initialize again as it took many hours the first time and didn't really want to waste this time again.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't initialize it otherwise it will take a lot of time. As per note this error should be gone by repeating the phase. But i will suggest you to once try to exit from upgrade gui and again start gui and repeat phase. But if it still does not work, then raise an OSS with SAP.

Thanks

Sunny

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also facing the same probs. I have upgraded my DEV and QAS server to EHP 5, but while upgrading MY PRD server I am stuck in this phase for last three days.

Though in /EHPI/ABAP/tmp folder files are getting updated but for 1 mb its taking around 1 hour.

I have raised an OSS for the same right now.

But by the mean time if anybody gets the solution do let me know.

I have also used high resource use(archive off)

Regards

Kishore

0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

Can you check in the work process trace files and the ST22 dumps of the shadow instance whether if you are getting any dumps?

In case you encounter during the upgrade phase ACT_UPG the short dump LOAD_SWITCHSTATES_LOST in the shadow system, then we recommend to increase the profile parameter abap/buffersize.

Also an out of memory error can occur. For more information about how to solve the problem, see SAP Note 1387739.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for not returning sooner but due to working on this upgrade and then Christmas I have not been able to reply.

The outcome was in ST22 the short dump pointed to SYNTAX_ERROR in /1BCDWBEN/SAPLFEN0007 this pointed towards

The following syntax error occurred in program "/1BCDWBEN/SAPLFEN0007 "

in

include "/1BCDWBEN/LFEN0007$46 " in

line 5:

"The Dictionary structure or table "SI_DFKKREP06_T" is either not active or does not exist."

I sent a high priority OSS message to SAP and they failed to reply for over 9 hours so by that time our ABAP team activated this object and then we were able to move the upgrade on without further errors.

The reply from SAP was to check we were not using kernel level 720 PL90 as that had a known issue.

We were using PL 105 so it was not the issue they suggested.

So ultimately we activated the object that was not active and causing the issue but not sure if that would be the official fix from SAP.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per note mentioned by you, you can ignore these errors by using Accept non severe errors and continue with upgrade.

Thanks

Sunny