cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during communication with System Landscape Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm working on file to JDBC scenario, wherein I placed the file on the FTP Server and the file is not picked up. I open the RWB and select Message Monitoring and encounter below error message.

Error during communication with System Landscape Directory: IO error: Unable to open connection to host "SystemXYZ:50000". The host is down or unavailable..

We have restarted the system and still getting the same error message. Can anybody let me know what is the problem? And what needs to be done to resolve it.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Faisal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this blog:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul,

Have you recently made any changes to SLD?

It seems that the SLD is pointing to a system which is not present at the moment.

check to what system is SLD is pointing to

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check whether PIRWBUSER is locked or not. If not, check if u have recently changed its password.

Can you please check the parameters maintained in your exchange profile, specially under the Runtime tab.

Go to your XI home page --> Administration --> you will find a link called EXCHANGE PROFILE On the Right Had side for your IR , ID and RWB . You can edit the values of the exchange profile here

Refer the below links for the exchange profile parameters

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ea/f02840d89d185de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c6/6f1741b393f26fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Thanks for the quick replies. We haven't made any changes in the XI system and all of a sudden the problem started. As mentioned we can edit the values in EXCHANGE PROFILE. My question is what values do we need to edit and if we change/edit then will it cause any further problem? Is this issue is related to BASIS?

Thanks

Faisal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Check : Note 999962 - PI 7.10: Change passwords of PI service users

This will provide all required answers for your questions.