Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get customizing Request for a Table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a transparent table ( Client Independent ) with delivery class as G and maintained customer namespace. In the technical settings also I maintained the Data Class as APPL2 (Organization and customizing), and enabled Log Data Changes.

Then I maintained an entry of this table in the transaction SOBJ, as Type S (Table (with Text Table)).

Then I generated a maintenance view for the same, and added this table to the SIMGH node, so that it goes out as a normal SPRO activity to be maintained by the customers. Moreover, we also want to ship some entries into this table from SAP.

Till here it's all fine. But now when I want to transport the entries from a 'Delivery Customizing' Client of the development system, (Using Menu Table View->Transport ) it asks me for a Workbench Request!

Can anyone please let me know what did I miss above, to make sure it should ask for a Customizing Request, when transporting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check table E070 for customizing requests for a table

or

goto se03 -> objects in requests -> search for objects in requests/tasks -> right-mouse-click and 'execute' -> fill in the object (for example R3TR TABU T_XXXX) -> sort list by date

Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: Parupelly on Dec 27, 2011 7:11 AM

Edited by: Parupelly on Dec 27, 2011 7:12 AM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check table E070 for customizing requests for a table

or

goto se03 -> objects in requests -> search for objects in requests/tasks -> right-mouse-click and 'execute' -> fill in the object (for example R3TR TABU T_XXXX) -> sort list by date

Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: Parupelly on Dec 27, 2011 7:11 AM

Edited by: Parupelly on Dec 27, 2011 7:12 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This table would contain an entry only after a request is created. Here' I'm creating a new request myself, so this table would not have a request already.

My problem is, when I try to transport the table entries from the maintenance view, the system asks me to create a 'Workbench Request'... But I want the system to ask for Customizing Request.

0 Kudos

Hi,

It will ask work bench request if you defined the delivery class as 'A'.

I think you must have used delivery class 'A' sometime back and later changed it to 'G'. Unless you regenerate table maintenance after changing to 'G' it will not prompt a customizing request.

What you need to do now is to ensure delivery class is 'G' and regenerate table maintenance again with "Recording routine" = "Standard recording routine"

SE11 -> Utilities -> Table Maintenance Generator -> F7 -> Check all the check boxes -> Click Expert Mode -> Check all the check boxes.

Now you should be able to see "Customizing request" prompt when you save data in SM30/SM31

As for the transport request already created you can delete the entries in SM31 and also delete the transport request before regenerating the table. The next time when you try to create it should prompt the dialog for transport.

for documentation , go through this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/57/38e1824eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

> My problem is, when I try to transport the table entries from the maintenance view, the system asks me to create a 'Workbench Request'... But I want the system to ask for Customizing Request.

If you want the system to propose Customizing request, you need to make the table client-dependent. Client-independent tables ask you to save the data in a WB request.

BR,

SUhas

0 Kudos

> If you want the system to propose Customizing request, you need to make the table client-dependent. Client-independent tables ask you to save the data in a WB request.

>

> BR,

> SUhas

Ahh I see... Thanks Suhas. So that's where the reason lies. Then I guess I can go ahead and transport the table entries in the workbench request anyway, and deliver the same.