cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report 2008 - Save Report with Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saved a Crystal report with data in Dev Environment on BOE Server (Infoview Folder) and this is transported to Quality Environment. In the quality environment, when I try to view this report, initial screen comes up with data of Development, instead of Quality environment.

I am expecting that it will load the default data from Quality environment for the stored selection.

Is there any settings to be done in the report settings, so that i can view the saved report in Quality Environment with Quality Env data instead of Dev Env Data?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Don't save data with report for one thing and once published to BOE then go into the DB info and update the connection properties to use the Quality Environment DB Server.

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don for the reply.

In case, If we save the report with data in Dev, we need to update DB configuration to point to Quality Env using "Use Custom databse Logon Information".

But when it gets transported to production (From Quality), it will show up Quality Envdata. So should i have to update the BOE in Q Environment, to point to Production and transport it?

Is there any automated way that the system will point to right systems appropriately based on transport landscape?

Does the functionality of "Save the report with data" used mainly for user friendliness for analysis in one environment and this functionality is not supported to move between environments?

rgds

Karthi

0 Kudos

Setting location manually is about your only option. Unless you find a Migration tool in BOE which I believe can be used to update the DB info. Depends on the version of BOE you are using, check the Admin guide on migration for more info.

If they pass QA then open the reports up in CR designer and set lcoation to Production Server and publish.

Don

Edited by: Don Williams on Dec 27, 2011 11:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Even after doing the settings in Database Config (Custom db option) of the report to point to Quality Env, the report opens with Development data and only after refresh, it shows Quality Env data.

Is there anything that iam missing in the setup other than DB Config settings for the report.? Refresh Option is having default values to refresh.

rgds

karthi

0 Kudos

That would be because you are saving the report with saved data. Open the repor tup again from BOE and then check off the option in File menu to Save Data With Report and then publish it back to Enterprise.

Now you won't see the save data from DEV.

Don