cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship of Jobs to Position

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I maintain EG and ESG infotype(1013) through Jobs (Po03) should'nt these fields be automatically populated in Position (Po13) when I assign the relationship between Jobs and Positions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know the best practice is to fill out infotype 1013 against positions, but our Customer is requesting to have infotype 1013 managed against job as well, and to activate the inheritance of IT1013 records created against the job to the related positions, once assigned to the job.

Could you please help us to understand what customizing steps are needed to activate this ingeritance of IT1013 created at job level to the linked positions?

Thanks

Giuseppe Carta

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it has been mentioned....and even you said you know it is not "best practice"....that this is not done. So why are you trying to "force" it? Have you explained this to your customer?

0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

we are working on a technical porting from AFS to FMS, and the Customer in old SAP AFS had this inheritance of IT01013 from Job to the related positions working correctly.

My question is: is it a standard configuration to be done?

If this is the case, could you please point me what it is, since I cannot find it?

Thanks

Giuseppe

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For inheritance of EG/ESG and PA/PSA from position's HRP1013 and HRP1008 respectively, there is no need of any config.

When you assign a position to an person, when the IT 1 is displayed for input, if the position has been filled, when you press enter, the above fields are defaulted.  It allows changing these fields.

You can automatically populate the positions from the jobs data, using a suitable user exit - see examples below

1. LXPADU02 for the PAI  module

2. QDSE0001  Enhancement to affect Q position

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we use the T Code PO03 to create the jobs. Once the object is created the system does not ask for any other infotypes like relation ships to be maintained as it happens in T code PO10 and PO13 as we create the organisation units and Positions respectively.

After creating the Position using PO!3, in which the relation ships to the Orgaisation unit is maintained we have to highlight the relationships again for the second time and create the relationship between JOB and POSITION.

The relation ship goes like this " Job describes the position"

Position is described by the Job"

Hope your query is addressed corectly

All the best to you

Regards

RR

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

we followed your steps, but unfortunately as pointed by Amanda when we maintain EG and ESG infotype(1013) through Jobs (Po03), these fields are not automatically populated in Position (Po13) infotype(1013), once assigned the relationship between Jobs and Positions via PP01.

Could you please help us?

Thanks & Regards

Giuseppe Carta

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normal practice is to have defaults for the position, not a job

Former Member
0 Kudos

IT1013 relationship will be seen in PA side while hiring an employee.Kinldy test it

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better maitain infotype data for Position instead of Job. Job not required all the times to assign position..but position will assign to person all the times for best practice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding we dont maintain IT 1013 for job. We maintain IT1013 for positions. Please check the allowed infotypes in your system for job.

Thanks

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree, but since IT1013 is available for maintenance in JOB (Po03) interface, an assumption is that a possibility can arise where EG/ESG is being utilized for JOBs. A relationship once made between the position and jobs, should ideally inherit the jobs infotypes to positions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The relationship between job and position is different and the relationship to default EG and ESG is different.

Best Regards,