Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPRA: program not executed automatically while importing in target system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Developed custom program to create dynamic code generation for tables maintained via SM30. Program which is tagged to XPRA object has 2 selections ( defaullt to pick up the transport number with XPRA object its attached and run the dynamic logic written inside the program).

The transport is imported successfully into target system and also shows the XPRA program executed, but the logic inside the program was not generated.

Whereas when the program is executed manually in the target system, it pickups the transport and generates the code written with dynamic logic.

I couldn't find any proper answer in SDN, it would be really helpful if someone able to answer the query.

Regards,

Sensekm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have Selection screen in that program? If yes, that XPRA won't be able to run it.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

8 REPLIES 8

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have Selection screen in that program? If yes, that XPRA won't be able to run it.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried without selection and also developed sample program just with instert statement in program and imported, that also not working and included XPRA objects with my transport.

It looks XPRA itself not working in my case while importing.Is there is any special statement required in logic to call XPRA objects while importing.

Regards,

Sensekm

0 Kudos

I generally submit report RV80HGEN whenever I create a new Routine in order to make it active in the target system.

In this program RV80HGEN there isn't any event like START-OF-SELECTION. Try your program without that event.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naimesh,

I tried test program without start-of-selection and with simple insert statement, it doesn't work. I also read in other thread that XPRA import will work only in '000' client. Is it true?

Thanks,

Sensekm

0 Kudos

No.The execution of program automatically using XPRA is not limited to any client.It should work in all the clients.

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Program associated with XPRA gets executed by the the FM TRINT_CALL_XPRA. If you wish to debug, it would be a good starting point.

When XPRA gets executed it also writes in the log entry on the TR.

Go to your TR's transport Log

Within your system subtree, you would find the node with Method Execution. Check the log for this step

Expand all steps.

You should here see your program name execution log:

Report RV80HGEN started: 2011111111111

All routines have been successfully activated

Report RV80HGEN ended: 2011111111112

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Edited by: Naimesh Patel on Jan 3, 2012 11:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I tried simple below insert statement inside program logic and added as XPRA object. It doesn't work.

Program Test1.

Tables: Table1.

Table1-Field1 = value1.

Table1-Field2 = value2.

INSERT Table1.

IF sy-subrc EQ 0.

COMMIT WORK.

ENDIF.

Transport:

R3TR XPRA Test1.

Thanks,

Sensekm

0 Kudos

Not so sure how this XPRA generates the program in the target client but I am sure that is not limited to any specific client.It should work in any target system where the request is imported.

Thanks,

K.Kiran.