cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning cost center to movement type/reason for movement in Inv.Man.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Best wishes to you all!

My question:

Where can i assign as specific cost center to a movement type, to be more specific the movement for reason within a movement type.

So movement type 551 reason 1 will link to cost center A with gl account 9999

reason 2 will link to cost center A wilth gl account 9999

reason 3 will link to cost center B with gl account 9999.

That's it!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check OKB9 here you can have default cost center and gl for plant

i doubt about movement type ,i think you need to do some enhancement for the requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

thanks for your reply, but i am wondering, is it something IM or FI related? I mean should the adjustment be made in FI or IM customzing?

Grtz,

Mark

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it will be FI related ,

also it will be with the business requirement .

now dont have aceess to system to explore the scenario in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is controlling right?

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked OBYC and there we have the GBB -> VNG + valuation 3000 linked to gl account 461110

In OKB9 we have company 1500 -> gl account 461110 and cost center 15002610.

However we have for the 551 movembent typ (VNG) 3 reasons for movement. The first to are supposed to be linked to cost center 15002605 and the third one to 15002610.

The gl account is for all of these bookings 461110 and thats correct however the cost center is because of the OKB9 setting always 15002610.

I dont know if it changes anything when i add 15002605 in OKB9 because this still does not automatically assigns it to reason for movement 551 1 and 551 2.

What to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

I do not think you can achieve this by standard means. In my earlier project, there was a similar requirement (different GL accounts based on sales order reason code), and I had done an implicit enhancement implementation in include MM07MFK0_KONTIERUNG_PRUEFEN, where I checked for the movement code and the overrode the GL account (dm07m structure). This enhancement implementation should help in arriving at different cost centers for same GL account based on reason codes.

- V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input V,

it seems this is not solved by some simple entries in customizing but if our proposal of a new movementtype with a new gl account for 1 of these 3 movementreasons it not accepted, i will absolutely propose your answer to them as the solution.

Keep you updated.

Cheerio,

Mark