cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do Reconciliation between BI and ECC data

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

we have requirement to do the reconciliation between BI Report data and Source data for some reports based on some parameters. Currently we are doing this mannualy.

please suggest how to autiomate this process so we can save time.

regards,

vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

snitwipro
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try the following -

1. Create an APD (Analysis process) to get the output of the desired BW query into a direct update DSO.

2. Create a RFC function module to get the ECC data in the similar format into a new dictionary transparent table.

3. Create a new ABAP report in BI side to compare the data from the direct update DSO and the transparent table.

4. Create a transaction code on the report mentioned in point 3.

Hope this is helpful.

Sourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

Thanks for your suggestion,

I have few clarifications.

1). So you mean to say,Create a query first on a DSO (But it should be with no Transformations applied DSO & is this going to be standard,real-time etc) and update again into a direct update DSO?

2).Could you please elaborate bit more on this, Like if you have any specific Func Module and when you say similar format, What format is this?Is this the ECC format or the DSO  format?

3). And do you mean to say that we need to compare on the Key Fields (in the DSO & the Transparent table & do i need to overwrite or clear everyday?)

Sorry, If I'm confusing you, But I just wanted to understand your solution which I feel would be easier to just run a T-code to generate a report to compare, rather than doing a manual Vlook-up or Pivot everyday.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regds,

Rao.

ravikanth_indurthi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best process is by creating a ABAP query which can reconcile the data using a KPI such as difference between source and BW total sales value for a selection. Else you can create a BEx query if you have the source data as well in BW.

Hope this helps...

Rgs,

Ravikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have not got the meaning of "you can create a BEx query if you have the source data as well in BW".

currently we do reconciliation mannualy based on BI Reports and Source data from respective table.

ravikanth_indurthi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean to say if you are pulling the raw data from source system into BW system and storing the data without any change in a infoprovider, you can create a multiprovider with BW transformed data and the raw data from the infoprovider and create a BEx query comparing the values. We have created a trial balance query to compare the same. and wherever we are getting the difference NE zero we can identify the record and do the further analysis.

Hope you understood this time....

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos