cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application crash when exporting to repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help with this. I have been getting application crashes every time I try to export a DeskI report to the repository for use on Infoview. No bizarre error messages or anything, just clicking on "Export to Repository" then get the standard windows application crash message with the option to send the info to Microsoft.

Desktop Intelligence XI

Version 12.3.0

Build 601

We have two-tier authentication, and I get the same crash either way.

Windows XP Pro SP3, Core2 Duo processor @2.93 GHZ, 3 GB RAM, 300 GB HD with 210 GB free space.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sending requests to our internal BO support is like throwing paper airplanes at a wall.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to delete default folders of Deski (LSI , SH folders in C:\My C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Business Objects\Business Objects 12.0.) and also clear all the reports in My Business Objects Documents folderlogin to DeskI from infoview. I think it should work.

Cheers,

Suresh babu Aluri

0 Kudos

Hello,

i have same issue, what do you mean when you write  "clear all the reports in My Business Objects Documents folder login to DeskI from infoview."

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thiswas my exact same issue and was resolved using the methods as described.

Thank you for this answer, been going stir crazy trying to find the answer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try to upgrade to Sp4 or Sp5 or you'll need to enable Deski traces and use Process Explorer/Process Monitor tools to see what happens when you exporting to repo....

Does this happens on a single machine only or in general ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two out of four machines have the problem. Unfortunately, we do not have permissions to upgrade to SP 4 or 5, but I will recommend this solution to our internal support team.