cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPTARQEMAIL Mail Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As I run the RPTARQEMAIL program, I get mail in my inbox saying that certain leaves are there in my UWL for approval. The text is something like this

+Your worklist for approving leave requests contains one or more requests that you need to process. For more information, see your worklist.

To access your worklist, go to the Web application for approving leave requests.+

Now how can I change this text? I had done some debug of the program, but not been able to find how to do this. Can anyone help me in this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

you enter the modified text in rptarqemail screen!!

The standard system contains the following notification texts:

For the person who submitted the request: HR_TIM_ARQ_REQUESTOR

For the person who approved the request: HR_TIM_ARQ_APPROVER

For the HR administrator (in case of errors): HR_TIM_ARQ_ADMIN

The texts used must be of the Dialog Text document class.

Activities

If you want to create your own standard texts, proceed as follows:

1. Access the SE61 transaction (Maintain Documents). (In the SAP menu,

choose Tools -> ABAP Workbench -> Utilities -> Documentation.)

2. Choose the document class Dialog Text.

3. Create your own texts or copy the standard texts.

4. If required, have the texts translated.

Enter the technical name of the texts in the appropriate variants of the

RPTARQEMAIL program.

ie se61

Document Class Dialog Text

Language English

Dialog text HR_TIM_ARQ_APPROVER

then you ll see it.

In rptarqemail you have to have this

With This Text: HR_TIM_ARQ_REQUESTOR

ie this HR_TIM_ARQ_REQUESTOR should be made into a Z documentation

object.

ie in Se61 you need to have this

Document Class Dialog Text

Language English

Dialog text Your Z TEST creation

Edited by: Siddharth Rajora on Jan 11, 2012 1:44 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

we have developed one report for this if any leaves pending in manager uwl a mail will be triiggered to manager to his mail id as below report :-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for excellent information on how to change the text of the email generated from RPTARQEMAIL.

i have an request to change the subject line of the email that is sent from the generate workflow out from SOST to the necessary manager.

it currently reads "Your worklist contains leave requests".

We want to add the employee who requested the leave in the subject line to make it easier for the manager so that they can easily see which one of their employees is requesting the leave.

An example of what we want the subject line in the email to read: "Mr Joe Bloggs's Leave Request".

Thanks

clive

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Unfortunately rptarqemail doesn't allow dynamic variables, We enhanced the report further with the note 1888951, Please wait for it, It ll be available shortly

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking forward to note 1888951 enhancing RPTARQEMAIL.

Can you include an option to put our own custom text at the end of the email? We want to start the email with the important information which is the leave content, and then add our own custom text which contains general static information on how to logon portal etc. at the end. Today our own custom text is put on top by default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can change the text via SE61 (these are dialog texts (DT)).

you can create your own dialog text and use this as parameter on the selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your response. can you please do let me know specifically how this can be done? I agree that the dialog can be created thru se61. But there are some variables also in the mail like the leave type, requestor's name and all. How can these be created? Also when I have created the text how do I ensure that the newly created text is called in this program?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's all done via the parameters of the report, check it out and play a bit with the selection. It will be clear