cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuration (E-Mail): wrong text and subject, no long & short text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I set up an alert configuration and running RSALERTTEST, the mail was sent with the correct subject and e-mail body (short text and long text, I configured in the SAP System, were used).

When I created a rule in the runtime workbench, the mail still was sent but with the wrong subject (subject is now: ALERT_EMAIL (The triggering application determined you as a recipient)) and the wrong content. Instead of the long text, it contains:

Message Monitor <<Link>>

Message Monitor (Secure Connection) <<Link>>

In the runtime workbench, in the Alert-Inbox, the mails are displayed an the correct text is shown in the tabs short text and long text.

Any ideas? I used a guide to set up the configuration and did everything as described!

The same problem is described here, without solution:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Check the log on language of the user determined as receipt.

If you setup the alert in PT language but the receiver user is configured to EN log on language you will find blank to the filds. It is necessary to setup subject and short text in EN language too.

Regards,

Diego Estanguini Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, Diego! You made my day

Default logon language was empty in su01. I changed the default logon language to EN and the administration data / original language in ALRTCATDEF to EN, too. It still didn't work. Then I changed both languages to DE and it worked! Maybe because everything else is in DE? I don't know.

Btw, as a pupil, I worked at mahle for a while, nice company!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego, you are the man!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Diego Gabriel ,

I cant populate container elements when i trigger alerts thru repotrt RSALERTTEST

Canu suggest me anything?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Rule is assigned to proper alert category or not and make sure you have to check alert category which was created in abap stack by using of t-code ALERTCATDEF.

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure you have created alert rule under correct alert category in RWB. In RWB, you should create a alert rule under alert category you have created in ALRTCATDEF.

It seems you created the alert rule under some incorrect alert category.

PS:

Message Monitor <<Link>>

Message Monitor (Secure Connection) <<Link>>

Always comes with RWB alert emails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

I used the proper category, as I wrote, in the RWB in the Alert-Inbox the Mails are displayed correctly. Under short text and long text, the correct text ist displayed, the subject is correct, too. But the e-mail sent to my ID shows no / the wrong content and subject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you using PI as alert server?

Where did you create the alert category? In PI or Solution manager..etc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created the category in the PI System and running RSALERTTEST, the mail shows the proper content, testing the alert by causing an error, the mail is displayed correctly in the Alert-Inbox, the problem has to be at the point, where the mail is created, which leaves SAP and is sent to my ID.

Maybe there's a way to debug the issue?